Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: All things APG including the Captain Ravishing sale

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Here is the link

https://www.apgold.com.au/major-anno...re-2023-sales/

PP is stating that he expects APG to be placed in receivership this year
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Going back to the very first post in this thread about Captain Ravishing racing for APG
    Which was still the case at the time of the NSW Derby in March
    How was he bought by current owner Hassan Taiba - was he advertised?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    It seems APG, once seen as the goose that laid the golden egg, is now looking like it lays dodo eggs. It has announced there will be no Sydney or Melbourne yearling sales in 2023. It will hold sales in Brisbane and Perth but major vendors have made "purely business decisions" and have taken there business elsewhere.

Nutrien wins, I gather.
    Although I do hear from some vendors that Nutrien is not the ideal solution either

Interesting times ahead

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabbie View Post
    Although I do hear from some vendors that Nutrien is not the ideal solution either

Interesting times ahead
    Nutrien might not be ideal but it seems the company acts with integrity. Apply that test to APG and you understand why vendors have voted with their feet.

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Nutrien might not be ideal but it seems the company acts with integrity. Apply that test to APG and you understand why vendors have voted with their feet.
    I was merely passing on comment that I had heard. I don't breed so I don't deal with either of APG or Nutrien and cannot speak from experience.
    Just to be clear, I certainly did not mean to imply that Nutrien does not act with integrity.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabbie View Post
    I was merely passing on comment that I had heard. I don't breed so I don't deal with either of APG or Nutrien and cannot speak from experience.
    Just to be clear, I certainly did not mean to imply that Nutrien does not act with integrity.
    I don't mean to infer that you are Carol, I was just stating what appears obvious. Meanwhile, hot of the press, Nutrien now appears it wants to grind the bones of APG into dust:

CONTINUED GROWTH TO THE NORTH FOR NUTRIEN EQUINE

The Nutrien experience heads north in 2023 as we partner with the Albion Park Harness Racing Club to deliver the Sunshine Stars Yearling Sale.

Set to take place across the weekend of March 11 and 12, 2023 at the iconic Magic Millions sales complex, it will be an experience not to be missed. A weekend of organised social activities on the Gold Coast, mixed with sale horse inspections and the twilight live sale parade will all set the scene for an exciting start to the Sunshine Stars Yearling Sale on Sunday. This will ensure the buyers are in attendance to view the quality Queensland offering.

After a very successful 2021 sale for the standardbred industry held in Victoria, Nutrien Equine Standardbred grew to include a New South Wales sale alongside the Victorian event in 2022. “The growth into Queensland in 2023 is an exciting one for us” said Mark Barton from Nutrien Equine “particularly with this opportunity to partner with the standardbred industry in delivering the Sunshine Stars concept”.

Mark went on to say “Buyers who choose to sustain their purchase for the Nutrien Classic race series will automatically gain entry to the Sunshine Stars race series”. This new race series to be known as the Sunshine Stars and offering $500,000 in incentives, is an exciting reward for participants racing their 2YO and 3YO purchases from these sales.

Vendors will soon have the opportunity to nominate for the Sunshine Stars Yearling Sale, alongside the Nutrien Equine Sydney and Melbourne sales, all opening on July 26 this year. Simply visit the Nutrien Equine website and follow the links through to complete your nomination, which will be open until August 23, 2022.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=53349

It seems to find Advertised Content in HRA's Top Stories
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The APG 200+ lot Mixed Sale began online today
    Here is a link about it

https://www.apgold.com.au/the-time-h...-register-now/

I don't think this link to the online auction will work as I had to register and log in but I will post it with fingers crossed.

https://www.ardex.com.au/apgonlineau...ction=viewsale

I cannot see why it would need to be secretive - other than to garner contacts for interested people for future marketing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sirletic is in the Claimer at Bendigo on Saturday night

He has a claiming price of $95,000

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BNM30072206

He is also in the Sale (Lot 82) He has no reserve on him so as it stands right now the current bid of $500 is going to buy him
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-27-2022 at 09:43 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    See for yourself
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread