Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: All things APG including the Captain Ravishing sale

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Correct, but I can't find a list either. The HRA site lists all disqualified persons but no mention of a McLean. Harness Web lists only suspended drivers. I get the feeling the HRV site and the Integrity site do not wish to offend anybody. And it seems there is no way of tracking ownership changes. The results page for Melton on 14 January shows the horse (at its last win) was owned by APG. Click on the horse -owner H Taiba. Confused? Join the club.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This thread has been created retrospectively from posts originally in the NSW thread

You would think that there has to be an inquiry into APG. What with the $225k they appear to have worn from the A. Portelli purchases (one Sydney, two Melbourne), it appears we now have $576k of Tim McLean purchases (all from the 2020 Sydney sale). Whoever was handing out the credit had to have been sacked. I know that the A.Portelli vendors were paid (by APG?). If in total APG had to cover $801k - this is a big loss for the APG. It could be even more as there could be others and there were some Tim McLean small purchases at the Melbourne sale, like the Sydney purchases, none have been named/registered.

It is incredible to think that they have taken this long to act on the McLean horses. The value of these horses would have diminished substantially – if they don’t even race as 3yo’s their value would be miniscule. Mind you Captain Ravishing did get to race until the last month of his 2yo year, whether this was a maturity thing or the result of a long legal process - we deserve to know as APG is industry owned.
    One of Tim McLean's unpaid purchases ($100K), a close relative of Lazarus but now an unraced 3yo filly, is for sale by APG

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=52955
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    One of Tim McLean's unpaid purchases ($100K), a close relative of Lazarus but now an unraced 3yo filly, is for sale by APG

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=52955
    All of this surfaces a week after David Boydell steps down from APG. I've yet to see any explanations as to how Tim McLean was able to book-up so many yearlings without a line of credit. I suppose this will be revealed in court. How he was allowed to bid is something APG would like to keep unknown to save face with vendors. If you were to join the dots you might only need a bloody big pencil - and two dots.

And here is another $130k default purchase of McLean's. The accompanying fairy tale is a bonus from APG as a sweetener, but only for cash buyers.

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=52957

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Here is a link to The Weight In Gold sale for the 14 lots

https://harnessbred.com/APG/2022/WIG/CATALOGUE/#page/21
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Here it is with the prices that Tim McLean supposedly paid for them as yearlings at either Sydney or Melbourne.
    I couldn't find the trotters (1&14)
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Good work Kev. Unfortunately they are all three year olds now so they will only bring a fraction of their breeder's original expectations.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes, I cannot see the colts getting 30%, the fillies maybe although Betting Line does not help despite that annoying Empire ad (which covers up the digital tracking) telling us he is/was #1 2YO Sire
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-12-2022 at 04:16 PM. Reason: repetition
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I'd love to know who writes the drivel in the media releases for this re-sale. I see a bright future for the person as a writer for Mills & Boon. Such romanticism; Libertybelle Midfrew's colt, "Michael", proclaimed as having "the potential to develop into a Grand Circuit performer" (has JB been moonlighting for APG?). No doubt being by the great Bettors Delight out of a top-performing daughter of Chritian Cullen he has the credentials on paper. In reality you could say the same for any foal.

Unfortunately the advertorial cunningly fails to mention whether the 3yo has even been broken in, just "well handled". Oh, and the colt is actually a rig. I fear "Michael" might just be known around the traps as Mickey One-Nut.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Dean Baring is listed as the Preparer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Nuff said.

+ Reply to Thread