Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nominations for the 2012 Inter Dominion released

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Talking Nominations for the 2012 Inter Dominion released

aussiebreno
    Beat me to the punch.

Some interesting points to me. 4 McCarthy horses. John down to drive Feelgood and Washakie. Luke on Mach Wiper and ANDY on Lightning Raider.
    Lombo Pocket Watch nommed but more interesting than that is the nom of LOMBO MANDINGO! Sammy Maguire also among noms after being off the scene.
    Not many Kiwis which is a shame (a lot of expat Kiwis tho). A few NSW FFAers who might be having visions of Jofess.
    No Franco Jamar!!! or Karloo Mick. No Bitobliss or Melpark Major either.

TAB have set up the market $4 Smoken Up and ITMQ, $9 Mr Feelgood and $12 Washakie. More for the rest. Really suggests its a 3 horse field but it isn't imo.

My ideal field if everyone is at their best would be those four. Auckland Reactor. David Hercules. Lanercost. Smiling Shard. Pocket Watch. Sammy Maguire. Villagem and Ima Rocket Star.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Yes, when I looked at the noms. Lombo Mandingo's name jumped out of the page at me. He has been at stud for a couple of seasons. Strange indeed.

See one of my favourite horses , Courageous Annie is also nominated. Anyone know how she is going following her injury and is she back in work ?
    Last edited by David Summers; 12-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Yes, when I looked at the noms. Lombo Mandingo's name jumped out of the page at me. He has been at stud for a couple of seasons. Strange indeed.
    [VVV] I'm a little bit surprised he hasn't made more of an impact on the breeding scene. Always thought he was such a good looking horse & of those I've seen his offspring were similarly good looking & often strapping big buggers of things. From only 25 foals in his debut crop there was a 2yo filly in SA from Peo Box Thirtynine that could get along a bit, won 4 of 5 races, David Harding drove it for some handy wins at GD last season. From the figures I've got he has only 67 foals, 25 current 3yos, 15 current 2yos, 17 current yearlings and 10 current foals at foot.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Lombo Mandingo joins Lombo Pocket Watch as resuming from stud duties to compete! LPW was also nominated in last years ID and I seriously doubt that either will take their place in any of the fields.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    My personal opinion is that neither are up to that class of horse . Good 2 and 3yo's but they are in with the big boy's now . I hope i'm wrong but i don't think so but good luck to the connection's for having a go.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

nat
    I think LPW was up to this class and the track suits him but injury stopped him from becoming a hardened FFA'er, Lombo Mandingo I don't know why he stopped racing he was clearly all class just born in the wrong year and like VVV have heard nothing but praise for his foals. The thing that will be the biggest hurdle is good hard consistent racing that makes horses like Smoken Up and ITMQ just keep coming and coming, IMO these day you cannot just bring out fresh top level FFA horse as you do with juveniles to manage them from burnout. But I don't believe they would be nominated if there wasn't a chance of making the trip there are a lot of horses on the list that will be making up the numbers. Possibly the biggest asset will be those drivers who have lots of 800m track racing experience the horse is only part of the equation on smaller tracks

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Although I'm all in favour of the three heats and final format of the ID's I'm also grateful to the fact that any future Interdominions or concepts of such will not have to be run on a 800 metre track. I'm all for Menangle having them for as long as they want.
    The ID's in Perth will certainly be exciting with a lightning fast track and some super times but its just not going to give all horses an equal opportunity. A horse like Smoken Up,if he handles the track ( and that's a big if) would only have to go for the lead and it would be almost impossible to run him down.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Lombo Mandingo is stood down from all type's of race start's (mob and ss ) and will be reassessed if back in WA but i don't know what for .
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 12-10-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added text
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    David Summers

+ Reply to Thread