Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Suss race

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Saying View Post
    So basically he doesn't bother to read a form guide or alter his driving tactics according to the ability of his or other horses in the race? That's fine at a meeting for R0 class horses out at Woop Woop but he simply shouldn't be allowed to drive at Metropolitan meetings.
    Scott, whats your opinion on this bit, "In the post race interview on track following his win on Will Trapper (who he said he drove to that trainers instructions even though he thought not right)" Will Trappers Trainer obviously got it right, he crapped all over Sundons Gift and is now Australias best trotter at the moment...imo!!! Great run trainers instructions 100% correct...

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Scott, whats your opinion on this bit, "In the post race interview on track following his win on Will Trapper (who he said he drove to that trainers instructions even though he thought not right)" Will Trappers Trainer obviously got it right, he crapped all over Sundons Gift and is now Australias best trotter at the moment...imo!!! Great run trainers instructions 100% correct...
    It's great to see a horse who had been of the scene a long time come back as good as Will Trapper has!

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Scott

Did you back LIP or CA?
    Neither. BIG Courageous Annie fan and hate to see good horses lose due to incompetence.

Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    I did back Will Trapper and he is going brilliantly! I think Nathan follows Trainers instructions, good and bad, because he has no bloody idea about tactics himself.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Saying View Post
    Neither. BIG Courageous Annie fan and hate to see good horses lose due to incompetence.
    Gday Scott. Firstly, I don't know Nathan Jack personally. But he told everyone of his intentions pre-race and if he hands up to Courageous Annie this forum would have been flooded with complaints about him again. I reckon Courageous Annie goes round like she did and sits outside him instead of attacking for lead she wins easy. But thats just my opinion and we all entitled to them.

By the way, the drive of Scott Dyer on Tara Royale to win the race was a 10 out of 10. Perfectly judged as was N. Jacks drive on Will Trapper.

Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Gday Scott. Firstly, I don't know Nathan Jack personally. But he told everyone of his intentions pre-race and if he hands up to Courageous Annie this forum would have been flooded with complaints about him again. I reckon Courageous Annie goes round like she did and sits outside him instead of attacking for lead she wins easy. But thats just my opinion and we all entitled to them.

By the way, the drive of Scott Dyer on Tara Royale to win the race was a 10 out of 10. Perfectly judged as was N. Jacks drive on Will Trapper.
    Fair enough. It's his decision to hold the lead that I'm questioning regardless of him giving prior notice.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Hi Guys

Was really looking forward to the 2 Graham horses run at Melton Friday night (Lanercost and Courageous Annie) as they both have incredible records racing against their own age, and are terrific horses, but both have led in the vast majority of their career starts, and that wasn't going to be the case Fri night.

Was always going to be interesting to see what would happen if either or both had to come from back in the field. Not that they couldn't be successful with that style of racing, but they simply didn't have to racing against their own age group, as they were so far superior they couldd dominate and dictate the terms of most races .

With regards to Nathan Jack - If he simply hands up the lead to Courageous Annie on LIP they're running for 2nd place, if they burn to keep her out then they obviously compromise their own chances. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Either way both Graham horses are top class and will bounce back no doubt, but racing against open company they'll need to add another string to their bow. With their high speed as a fan of the sport I'd love to see them driven sit sprint style to see how they'd adapt.

Cheers.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Any results re the original race regarding the Jacks?

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Still waiting how long does it take

Real Name
    brian campbell
    this inquiry will resume next Monday as all information has been received and analysed.

+ Reply to Thread