Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Suss race

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Adjourned inquiry information - according to the stewards report 0f 09/03/12 the date was to be fixed for the inquiry into the drive of Mr Rue.

Where can I find this information, I mean, the date that has been set...anybody?

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Guess only but the stewards are in Bathurst over the Gold Crown Carnival , my tip is during that time frame.

Actually just had a look further evidence was taken the following week at Bathurst and the inquiry further adjourned and the horse stood down.

Happy Camper was permitted to race last night so the inquiry may have been concluded at last nights meeting, you will have to check the report when it comes online.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Thanks TVOR, but where are you accessing that information from?

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    www.harness.org.au go to the stewards report section,

I have noticed over the years HRNSW, usually try to do the country inquiries when next in that area of the state hence the next two Bathurst meetings is the first place to look.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    www.harness.org.au go to the stewards report section,

I have noticed over the years HRNSW, usually try to do the country inquiries when next in that area of the state hence the next two Bathurst meetings is the first place to look.
    Thanks for the tip.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=BH210312

I think answers your questions

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Supplementary Report
    Bathurst Race Meeting Friday 9 th March 2012 - Race 9 Gold Crown Heats Buffet 23 March Pace – 2130M
    Stewards today continued their inquiries into the running and handling of HAPPY CAMPER by driver T Rue. Several films were viewed of HAPPY CAMPERS most recent starts and further oral evidence was tendered. After considering all available evidence T Rue was charged under AHR Rule149(2) which reads “A driver shall not drive in a manner which in the opinion of Stewards is unacceptable.” The particulars being that after assuming the lead leaving the 1950 metres he elected to maintain that position when challenged by KENMORE STAR NZ from that point by applying a level of vigour to his runner until passing the 1650 metres at which point T Rue then stopped driving with vigour but failed to make any attempt to steady his runner until passing the 1550 metres when KENMORE STAR broke gait. The tactics employed by T Rue were in contrast to the gelding recent racing pattern and saw HAPPY CAMPER race well forward of the main body of the field which resulted in the lead time being recorded in a fast 37.3 seconds which in the opinion of Stewards was unacceptable. T Rue pleaded not guilty. After considering his submissions in defence of the charge T Rue was found guilty. In assesing penalty consideration was given to T Rue's driving record,his personal circumstances and the usual racing pattern of HAPPY CAMPER. T Rue had his license to drive in races suspended for six weeks.

Now the stewards get you if you go too fast as well as too slow!.......drivers will need to carry stop watches with them to check on sectionals during running.......I remember their used to be a driver that measured his speed by counting the steps of his horse?...I don't know how that works but that's what he told me! To be honest.....T Rue over did his tactics a bit, he then backed off his speed to a few slow quarters and only got beaten 13 metres at the finish.......I think he should appeal this decision......Why didn't they ask J O'shea why he didn't restrain his horse and race outside the leader......probably because he thought he would get the lead easily, if his horse didn't break, their would have been no enquiry!!! To be honest J O'Shea drove his horse too hard into the turn out of the home straight , which is a very tight turn, and it broke! The previous start Happy Camper gave up the lead to it's stablemate and ran 2nd at Bathurst.......what were the trainers instructions on the night?......The first sectional of 37.5 is fairly brisk, and was in amongst the same times in other races on the night, although they were in better grades!
    The stewards should have warned T Rue & J O'Shea for their driving tactics, and fined T Rue for the slow middle sectionals.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Supplementary Report
    Bathurst Race Meeting Friday 9 th March 2012 - Race 9 Gold Crown Heats Buffet 23 March Pace – 2130M
    Stewards today continued their inquiries into the running and handling of KENMORE STAR NZ by driver J O’Shea. After considering all available evidence J O’Shea was charged under AHR Rule 149(2) which reads “A driver shall not drive in a manner which in the opinion of Stewards is unacceptable.” The particulars being that J O’Shea challenged HAPPY CAMPER for the lead from the 1950 metres and until approaching the 1500 metres when it was made clear during that challenge that Mr Trent Rue the driver HAPPY CAMPER intended to maintain the lead. T Rue made this intention clear on several occasions and despite this J O’Shea continued to drive KENMORE STAR NZ aggressively which contributed to a fast lead time and resulted in KENMORE STAR NZ racing well forward of the main body of the field. The challenge for the lead persisted although J O’Shea had knowledge of the racing pattern of HAPPY CAMPER and was surprised with the tactics of HAPPY CAMPER on this occasion which he found unusual. Despite this J O’Shea continued to drive KENMORE STAR NZ with vigour for a significant distance in an attempt to obtain the lead and not employ his initiative particularly with his familiarity of both KENMORE STAR NZ and HAPPY CAMPER racing patterns and ability. This was in the opinion of Stewards was unacceptable. J O'Shea pleaded not guilty. After considering his submissions in defence of the charge J O'Shea was found guilty. In assessing penalty stewards considered J O’Shea’s good driving record. Furthermore, consideration was given to the circumstances of the race and his personal circumstances. J O’Shea had his license suspended for 28 days.

A day later, more Leads to a few questions for mine. Hopefully one day they will be answered or at least explained.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    A day later, more Leads to a few questions for mine. Hopefully one day they will be answered or at least explained.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Phil but I miss your point.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    Supplementary Report
    Stewards today continued their inquiries into the running and handling of KENMORE STAR NZ by driver J O’Shea. After considering all available evidence J O’Shea was charged under AHR Rule 149(2) which reads “A driver shall not drive in a manner which in the opinion of Stewards is unacceptable.” The particulars being that J O’Shea challenged HAPPY CAMPER for the lead from the 1950 metres and until approaching the 1500 metres when it was made clear during that challenge that Mr Trent Rue the driver HAPPY CAMPER intended to maintain the lead. T Rue made this intention clear on several occasions and despite this J O’Shea continued to drive KENMORE STAR NZ aggressively which contributed to a fast lead time and resulted in KENMORE STAR NZ racing well forward of the main body of the field. The challenge for the lead persisted although J O’Shea had knowledge of the racing pattern of HAPPY CAMPER and was surprised with the tactics of HAPPY CAMPER on this occasion which he found unusual. Despite this J O’Shea continued to drive KENMORE STAR NZ with vigour for a significant distance in an attempt to obtain the lead and not employ his initiative particularly with his familiarity of both KENMORE STAR NZ and HAPPY CAMPER racing patterns and ability. This was in the opinion of Stewards was unacceptable. J O'Shea pleaded not guilty. After considering his submissions in defence of the charge J O'Shea was found guilty. In assessing penalty stewards considered J O’Shea’s good driving record. Furthermore, consideration was given to the circumstances of the race and his personal circumstances. J O’Shea had his license suspended for 28 days.

A day later, more Leads to a few questions for mine. Hopefully one day they will be answered or at least explained.

Well, there you go, I did not have the 2nd part of the stewards report when I made my comments earlier, but I think they support my argument, I have now reconsidered my opinion, now having hopefully all the facts!....and believe both drivers should get 2 weeks for their respective over aggressive tactics.......it appears from the report J O'Shea feels he did no wrong.........it was his presumption from knowledge of the other horse, that he drove in this manner, believing he would get the lead!.......the lesson!........you cannot make presumptions in racing.........don't forget you are dealing with the minds of trotting drivers!!!

+ Reply to Thread