Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Suss race

aussiebreno
    ]
    There's nothing odd about it....??
    Last edited by teecee; 04-05-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Hey Aussie, what have you been up to? Getting edited, were you being a naughty boy?

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Hey, just noticed you are 1,000 posts ahead of me, make that 999 now!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Hey Aussie, what have you been up to? Getting edited, were you being a naughty boy?
    Hmm don't know whats gone on. Both my posts remain unchanged, apart from Teecee deleting where I quoted him. Teecee has deleted his posts and deleted where I quoted him but left my posts...even though they make no sense now he has deleted his posts and quotes. Back to 1000 lol.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    In relation to the Rue/O'Shea race, I have stayed out of the debate to see what others have thought and it seems we all seem to have differing opinions on what occurred and what, if any penaltys should have been handed down.

The first thing I would like to say is at last some action was taken on ridiculous tactics. Week in week out, we witness drives that at best are ordinary and nothing is said. The stewards finally acted. What gets me is the lack of consistency in applying penaltys that fits these drives. My personal grandstand opinion is Trent has no real case to answer, he was not hunting his steed along like O'Shea to hold his position. At worst 7 - 14 days, but like Formie said, why hand up to short priced favourites and let them dictate. Trents horse was still was giving on the line. I think the stewards have gone soft on O'Shea. He has undoubtably given his horse no reasonable chance of winning by pursuing the lead position when it was not up for grabs. He had ample opportunity to take a sit but chose to drive like he was at the Coliseum. Are the stewards not confident enough in laying more serious charges that deserves harsher penaltys? If they think that laying a charge of an unacceptable drive is appropriate for this kind of drive IMO, then they are treating the punters with contempt. There is no integrity in these charges.

So in the wash up O'Shea gets 4 weeks which he appealed. I keep going back to the Panella drive, 3 weeks for not taking a run in the straight, which IMO was borderline unsafe to do so....So 4 weeks, horse breaks, fav out of race and heavily backed horse wins versus 3 weeks for not causing carnage.

Is that supposed to be CONSISTENCY??? As a footnote Kenmore Star, trained and driven by M Butler raced at Dubbo 4/4/12 in a 1,320m race and finished 2nd. Driven much more patiently until the top turn when he took the legs of the death horse and the driver gets 2 weeks. CONSISTENCY??? This horse is becoming a magnet for drama. Replay http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=DU040412&rn=6

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    In relation to the Rue/O'Shea race, I have stayed out of the debate to see what others have thought and it seems we all seem to have differing opinions on what occurred and what, if any penaltys should have been handed down.

The first thing I would like to say is at last some action was taken on ridiculous tactics. Week in week out, we witness drives that at best are ordinary and nothing is said. The stewards finally acted. What gets me is the lack of consistency in applying penaltys that fits these drives. My personal grandstand opinion is Trent has no real case to answer, he was not hunting his steed along like O'Shea to hold his position. At worst 7 - 14 days, but like Formie said, why hand up to short priced favourites and let them dictate. Trents horse was still was giving on the line. I think the stewards have gone soft on O'Shea. He has undoubtably given his horse no reasonable chance of winning by pursuing the lead position when it was not up for grabs. He had ample opportunity to take a sit but chose to drive like he was at the Coliseum. Are the stewards not confident enough in laying more serious charges that deserves harsher penaltys? If they think that laying a charge of an unacceptable drive is appropriate for this kind of drive IMO, then they are treating the punters with contempt. There is no integrity in these charges.

So in the wash up O'Shea gets 4 weeks which he appealed. I keep going back to the Panella drive, 3 weeks for not taking a run in the straight, which IMO was borderline unsafe to do so....So 4 weeks, horse breaks, fav out of race and heavily backed horse wins versus 3 weeks for not causing carnage.

Is that supposed to be CONSISTENCY??? As a footnote Kenmore Star, trained and driven by M Butler raced at Dubbo 4/4/12 in a 1,320m race and finished 2nd. Driven much more patiently until the top turn when he took the legs of the death horse and the driver gets 2 weeks. CONSISTENCY??? This horse is becoming a magnet for drama. Replay http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=DU040412&rn=6

Charges under 149 are miniumum of 4 weeks and should always stay that way, either charge and give them a penalty or do not lay a charge.

In relation to Panella with the greatest of respect without seeing the head on you can not form an accurate opinion of the room or lack of, I have not see it and you may have, however the judge most certinally did and he and dismissed her appeal, for what that is worth, in the past they the judges have let plenty off on this rule for what looked worse drives. So perhaps it looks bad on the head on,

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Well folks!, we will all get to see the re-run tonight at Bathurst.........Happy Camper drawn 2, and Kenmore Star drawn 3...........can't wait!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Well folks!, we will all get to see the re-run tonight at Bathurst.........Happy Camper drawn 2, and Kenmore Star drawn 3...........can't wait!
    But with completely different pilots for both Steve, I doubt there'll be a re-run....... as i said earlier about that race there appeared to be a bit more than " on the night tactics" at stake.

cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    But with completely different pilots for both Steve, I doubt there'll be a re-run....... as i said earlier about that race there appeared to be a bit more than " on the night tactics" at stake.

cheers,
    Dan
    Well, well, well, well, well!.........the race is run, and Happy Camper leads throughout and WINS!........Kenmore Star broke again!..........I almost thought I was watching a replay of the same race again..........I hope the stewards have immediately exonerated MR T RUE, and apologised to him for their error, and given him bonus points for the next time he is pullled into the stewards room! As for Kenmore Star, this is the 3rd start in a row it has galloped! I think it will be required to trial satisfactorily! So, in hindsight Mr T Rue, has to have his appeal upheld, if there is any fairness! Don't you agree??

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Well, well, well, well, well!.........the race is run, and Happy Camper leads throughout and WINS!........Kenmore Star broke again!..........I almost thought I was watching a replay of the same race again..........I hope the stewards have immediately exonerated MR T RUE, and apologised to him for their error, and given him bonus points for the next time he is pullled into the stewards room! As for Kenmore Star, this is the 3rd start in a row it has galloped! I think it will be required to trial satisfactorily! So, in hindsight Mr T Rue, has to have his appeal upheld, if there is any fairness! Don't you agree??
    Glad you said almost there Steve, the tactics employed with Kenmore Star were vastly different to the previous clash, yes he did gallop again but not because he was getting revved up into the first corner again.
    Good to see Happer Camper get another win up, he appears to be getting a bit stronger with age, we are breeding from older half sister to him we bought a few years ago, any win by another member of the family is a good thing as far as we are concerned.

Cheers,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread