Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Suss race

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Check the drive on "We dare To Dream", his licence should have been ripped up!

http://www.harness.org.au/video/vic/NYC15021201.wmv
    http://www.harness.org.au/video/vic/NYC15021201.mp4

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post

What else do you want him to do ? Get out and carry the horse, I think you are being harsh on this drive.
    Stewards report: horse stood down. drivers explanation accepted.
    Last edited by clumsy; 02-20-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: read stewards report

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    He came off the pole and was entitled to maintain that lead, handed up to the 1/3 fav when it was pointless in persevering. Nathan Jack is reknowned for going on with it. We dare to dream features prominently in the stewards report and was stood down to trial satisfactorily. Are you saying he (Cramp) drove ineptly or something else.
    The horse was beat. It broke under its exertions. Even the horse that sat behind the leader folded at the end. Winner too hot. Nothing untoward here.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post

Geez Steve,
    I hope you don't get a job as steward!.... No one will have a licence! The drive had absolutely no impact on the way the horse folded.

Cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Listen boys.....he punched up inside them out of the gate & held the lead.......that's OK, he got pressured a bit by another runner........that's fine.....he maintained the lead for a while as the favourite worked around aiming for the lead...........1st quarter of the last mile was in 29.8, in no other race did they break 32 for that quarter.....the 1/3 favourite then got the lead off him.......and now he can trail the favourite for the rest of the race, maybe hang on for a place......fair enough, I don't know the horse...........but wait.........he immediately comes straight back outside the favourite at the bell..........doesn't look like a smart move to me..............and exits before the back straight...........I can't even give him the benefit of a poor drive.....IMO he had a brain snap or was doing some work on the favourite...........Please tell me you agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    The videos are consistent with the explanation tended by the driver to the stewards as per the stewards report of the race.
    The stewards noted the driver's explanation and consistent with that acted against the horse relative to its performance and racing manners.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I will get back to you on this one!

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Anyone care for a little game called ***NAME THAT PACER*** To play you will need to watch the replay of Penrith Race 6 held a little while ago this evening. The horse concerned is a little grey chap with No.4 saddle cloth and his driver has a lovely green and gold diagonal striped number on. For a moment I thought it might be Pure Steel. Anyone else care to take a stab?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i backed it. not quite sure what he was doing for the first 600 metres or so...

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    i backed it. not quite sure what he was doing for the first 600 metres or so...
    Thats my point Harvey and then the gelding has got the gall to somehow still figure in the finish. I mean seriously, how do you judge that drive from one of the better reinsmen? Not up to standard or just not giving his drive every opportunity?

+ Reply to Thread