+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Suss race

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i backed it because I was pretty certain it was the best horse in the race and could sit in the breeze and still win.

Certainly not a good drive...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Well, we will leave that one for the experts to adjudicate on. I can't wait to get their interpretation of what a poor drive is.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I meant the stewards, not the rabble on here. Thats a joke boys. I always value your opinions.

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Nothing wrong with the the drive, I thought he did a good job after getting caught wide early he looked to get into the running line but couldn't and then let the horse make its way to the death without rushing it.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Can't argue with that Greg, he certainly didn't rush him. Like I said, am happy wait and see how the stewards see it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Can't argue with that Greg, he certainly didn't rush him. Like I said, am happy wait and see how the stewards see it.
    They won't say a word and so they shouldn't........he sat outside the lead at Penrith 3 starts ago and ran 2nd.......he got caught wide early and there was no point going back at Penrith......so outside the lead we go......the winner has beenflying since resuming form a spell!

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Thats a compelling arguement Steve but I think he is entitled to be asked why he sat in no mans land for 250 yards before he even decided to go forward on a slow searching trip for another 300 yards. I was aware of his earlier runs and the bother he finds. Maybe Gav was trying to instil a bit of confidence in the horse, who knows. I'll wait for the report and don't worry, I wont expect any suprises. Got an early start in the morning pal, thats it for me tonight.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The drive on the fav in the 2nd was a doozy as well.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    The drive on the fav in the 2nd was a doozy as well.
    The horse that charged to the lead and then continued not to hand up did all the damage in this race when he tired and dropped back through the field. the driver got 6weeks.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Both drivers had in their heads to lead and over did thier tactics, at least R Adams relented at a point to give his horse some chance, if the pace backed off........but then the stayers took off and J Willick put it to the leader knowing his horse would keep plugging away, all fell into place for him, good drive, & so did Glebe Island.......the 2 real pluggers ran 1st & 2nd, a gap of 20 metres to the rest.......to give the driver of the leader 6 weeks is a bit harsh........maybe 2 weeks for overdoing his tactics! Except for the first 400, the rest of the sectionals were nothing inspiring, the best race he could have driven would have been to give up the lead at the 1200 to J Willick , he was trying to slow them down, knowing the early work he had done 1st Q of the mile in 32.8, before J Willick got up him........What if the G Mc on Glebe had not let Drummossie get aroung him at the 1000 metre mark, the placings I think, would have been reversed. Also, R Adams knew to get off the fence behind the leader, and was travelling well until C Pollicina knocked him down at the 500 getting off the fence when the leader fell back in his face!

+ Reply to Thread