Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Serious Shortcomings of HRA's performance records

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Do Not Rely on HRA's progeny records for International Sires

If you look up Bettors Delight Progeny and go to Winners, even though you may go with the default setting which starts with Richest and includes Overseas winners, it will be incomplete

See the snip below (I am limited in the size I can attach). You don't see a Triple Millionaire below Lazarus BUT he has one. You will see 7 double millionaires but he has 10

I cannot offer a shortcut link as the HRA db does not let you (I guess it has to do with logging on etc). You will have to type Bettors Delight into the search link below to see the full page I snipped

https://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/...on=main.search

The go to is ClassicFamilies. It has its faults too, in that if you look at the link I provide which has been sorted by clicking on Earnings (a second click on that column heading doesn't do anything other than put the 9's first), you have to look all the way down the column because anything beginning with 1 comes first so 1million winners are mixed up with 1 thousand winners BUT at least it has them all.

https://classicfamilies.azurewebsite...arnings&AD=ASC
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-24-2022 at 04:56 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gee, I find HRA's records frustrating
    Even the 1990's aren't up to scratch

I was looking up the breeding of R1 2yo winner at Kilmore tonight - Aureus
    Her 3rd dam was Newbold Penny (1991) who had the magnificent record 21-14-4-1
    She raced from 1994-6, just 26yrs ago, in the best races and won a couple of Gp1's and yet the column for Group Status on her Racing Performances chart is completely empty

When did the HRA eventually get their act together AND why can't some retrospective data entry be carried out
    I reckon there are people out there that would volunteer their time to help if HRA could get themselves organized
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    HRA are too busy thinking up restrictive rules that are detrimental to the industry. Recent decisions will have a negative impact on the breeding industry and the opportunities afforded to young horses. Their record keeping is atrocious, naming a horse is an onerous exercise. Horses with the same name as 30/40 years ago are not allowed yet many entries in their database do not have complete pedigrees , often missing Sires / Dams.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It is worse than I thought

Late 80's records are not complete

Use HRA Search to look up Village Kid

https://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/...on=main.search

His racing performances chart is a complete mess
    You would have hoped that for a champion foaled in the 80's we might get his whole racing performance

Not only do we not get anything before 1985, it is all the gaps (not declared mind you) that are the worst,
    you would not know that he raced in 1989 much less won 3 heats of the Interdominion in 1989
    I was looking up a first starter and saw Prince Of Gold was the damsire. Prince Of Gold was an outstanding 2yo in 1989. He only raced as a 2yo and was Stake Earner of the Year with $184k but if you look at his Performances on HRA, you will only see his 3 Victorian starts listed - no mention of his WA Gp1 Pearl.

Another example of how HRA/WA were not even completing their 2yo records on the db in 1989. I mean if you are just getting your system up and running you surely start with the 2yo's as then you can say that for horses born after 198x records are complete.

Whitbys Miss Penny won The Pearl the year after in 89-90 and it is not in her record either
    So HRA/WA were not even completing their 2yo records in 1990
    Finally in 90-91 WA records seem to get their act together
    That is only 33yrs ago, how slow were they to get up to speed!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread