mark croatto
    G'day Big Fella

I've missed your insights :-)

Regards

Mark

triplev123
    G'day Mark,

:-))))))))))) Insights or incites ? ;-P
    I trust all is well in your neck of the woods.
    Are you coming to the Sydney APG?

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    The USTA rules are:-

Beginning with the 2009 breeding season, the total mares bred to a stallion standing in the United States that has never bred a mare or had a list of
    mares bred filed previously shall not exceed the following:
    Breeding Season: 2009 2010 2011 and thereafter
    Trotting Stallions: 140 140 140
    Pacing Stallions: 160 150 140
    These limits on total mares bred may only be exceeded in the event of death of a mare which has been bred in which case a new mare may be added to the mares bred list and bred to the stallion.
    Thomas Johnson the trotters more than the pacers have that slight problem, Super Bowl and Speedy Crown. The Aussies are still 5 years behind
    NA, they will catch up and will be using the same sulkies on the same tracks and getting the times(Peacheymagic you are correct). Then the stallions will travel with some chance of getting good books of mares.
    It will be good to see caps that's for sure.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Triplev123
    Its going away from the topic for a second but i thought if anyone would know you would is Rocknroll Hanover standing at Nevele r stud next year.
    I heard the Rocknroll rumour too. He would get the best book of mares assembled here if he came. I hope he does, I have already been trying to match him to certain mares. So excited!

Thanks for the updates Triple V

triplev123
    No worries Flashing, one of my brief moments of clarity. :-P You are welcome.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    From the Sydney Morning Herald.
    The busiest stallion was dual Derby-winning Coolmore shuttler & 6-time Gr1 victor High Chaparral (Sadler's Wells-Kasora, by Darshaan) standing his 1st season in Australia having been transferred from New Zealand, where he began his southern hemisphere duties in 2005; High Chaparral stood at $88,000 & served 234 mares.

What's the highest number of mares breed by natural service in one season?

buster
    throughbreds use ai, they just use it on farm... ring up your local vet supplies wholesaler and ask who their biggest customers are

i think a stallion cap would never happen as studs and stallion owners would challenge it as a restraint of trade as it has no basis as an anti trust law imo

triplev123
    Testify Brother Buster!
    About an hour ago I wrote a sermon that quickly became a diatribe to exactly those ends...but somehow I hit the wrong button and it disappeared and I was so ticked off at that I couldn't be bothered doing it all over again. Probably just as well as some of things I stated about those who perpetuate the myth that TB sires hit all those mares on a natural cover basis, whilst accurate, weren't particularly pleasant.
    In addition to the TB's using AI on-farm, I am certain they also use a form of semen transport both on farm & to other farms under theirs and the control of others that are in the immediate vicinity...both of which they will of course flat out deny but I'm certain that a little investigative journalist come hidden camera work in the Hunter Valley would yield some startling results.
    What shits me off about the TB Studs more than anything is that their leading Breeding Industry figures will publically deride the use of AI in the Standardbred Industry as being some kind of abomination and they will look down their noses at us for availing ourselves of any and all reasonable assisted breeding technologies...when the fact is they know full what goes on behind closed breeding shed doors at TB Studs across the country and throughout the world for that matter. Their abject hypocrisy seemingly knows no boundaries.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hear hear triplev123 !! Totally agree. You only have ask any number of ex employees of various TB stud farms and they will tell you.

triplev123
    Enjoy these rare moments of clarity while they last Don Corleone.

+ Reply to Thread