+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Number of mares a stallion can serve

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I do not feel that the big thoroughbred farms would risk using AI anymore, they have to much at stake.
    As for the purchase of insemination glove, pipets, lube, the odd artificial vagina why wouldn't they need
    these things. They will even have a microscope to look at each ejaculate(just a little bit).
    Not to use these products and others avaliable would be extremely bad management.
    The salesman that tells everyone in the world his big news story should be happy that he is not driving around the countryside delivering lube to Dairy farms:/

The pre and post breeding treatment of a thoroughbred mare is more intensive/expensive due to the requirements from the stallion managers and Vet'$.
    The pre and post breeding treatment of a standardbred mare is more unintensive/inexpensive due to the requirements from the stallion managers and Vet'$.
    Last edited by justdoit; 01-30-2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: pippet pipettes pipet pipeetes p()/!·" screw it

triplev123
    You're begining to sound a lot like John Messara.
    If you come out and suggest that an E.I outbreak will be confined to Show Horses and Pony Clubbers and that it will not infect Thoroughbreds...or if you state that by starting the breeding season 1 month later the TB Breeding Industry risks producing an entire generation of small, under developed yearlings and racehorses...then your cover will be blown wide open. So c'mon now, level with me. Is that you...John?

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I have a way of "making them a offer they can't refuse" !!!!LOL

buster
    i'm sure they just use the semen extender for keeping their fridges cool

more likely is that the TB guys dont want to risk a stallion slipping or getting an infection from a mare and being unable to fully serve his entire book, im sure they dont have any low sperm count stallions either...they would be losing 2-10 mill if that happened

triplev123
    Nah, unfortunately the rub's infinitely more basic than that Buster.
    The fact is that those big TB breeding farms are as irretrievably addicted to the cash-flow that the on-farm partial or year round boarding, breeding and associated activities bring them as a veteran Crack Whore is to her chosen substance of abuse. If AI & Semen Transport were allowed then a very large part of their incomes would be slashed away overnight, never to return.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Triple V123,
    No Messara in this house and did you have to mention veteran crack whore's

Hi Buster,
    Google - semen extender uses. I don't feel like typing.
    Last edited by justdoit; 01-31-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: reply to Buster

buster
    my comment was a joke..not literally...

there is far too much money at stake for studs to ever lose services, how could they ever afford to even get stallions like rock n roll heaven, art major, bettors delight down here if you are cutting their revenue in half, it would set the standard of stallions back 10 years

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi TripleV123,
    I disagree, the income from what is basically just an agistment farm has very little if anything to do with their position on AI.
    If anyone thinks that the way to get rich is by having only an agistment farm or even a big agistment farm they would be very mistaken they are protecting the service fee$ and the yearling sale$.

Hi Buster, The big worry is if the number of horses avaliable to race decreases and there are less races, which would equal less money. The chance of anyone in any position of authority pushing for limiting breeding books is very SLIM.
    B-Panel team sorry guys I'm off for a run and a swim to try and get rid of a massive caffeine overload..ARGHHHHHHH

+ Reply to Thread