Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kilmore Abandoned

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Kilmore Abandoned

????

Does anyone live near the track?
    Kilmore Gap is the closest weather station and despite its elevated position it has had next to no rain which is pretty much the case for the rest of the state (radar showing nothing anywhere)

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Facebook comment by Kilmore resident Claire Weston (Photography)

its been that shitty pissy rain that soaks everything slowly here all day

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Research shows that the nearest weather station Kilmore Gap is 9.48km South of Kilmore and 150m higher so maybe that is it
    Kilmore Gap had 2mm for the whole day (not enough to stop you watering your garden)
    It is just strange to me as I am about the same distance from my nearest weather station Mount William (900m higher) and I never get more rain than them.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Sounds a bit like the localised showers that used to leave St Kilda's home ground at Moorabbin a mud heap on match day while every other ground in Melbourne was perfect.

The drizzle excuse doesn't cut it with me. We know heavy rain will cause ruts in a track. I suspect the club may have graded the topping of the track to the outside exposing the hard base, left it overnight and was confronted by a pile of rainsoaked mud yesterday when staff arrived to finish the preparation. Something like that but bad timing for sure.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You would think that guessing what might have happened would be an extreme long shot but your scenario makes more sense Trev as the night before Kilmore Gap had had 5mm
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at the rain pouring down in R4 at Bendigo - they will be lucky to complete the meeting
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Belting down in Launceston too. Could be some boat races at Mowbray, perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread