Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Premium Sale

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain

Melbourne Premium Sale

http://www.apgold.com.au/apgold/inde...ourne-premium/

Just had a quick look, my first pick
    Lot 32 Counterfeit Girl- Art Major Colt

Lot 40- the dam is the dam of the dam of Lot 15 & Lot 18.
    I know what I mean.
    Last edited by Starship Captain; 12-10-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    [QUOTE=Starship Captain;14027]http://www.apgold.com.au/apgold/inde...ourne-premium/

Hi Jason

I had a look at Lot 361 Grinfromeartoear - Counterfeit Chic colt in the Sydney sale yesty and he is a very nice type and from the same family as your pick Lot 32. I've seen a photo of Lot 43 Art Major - All Eyes On Me colt and he looks like he has size and length and well put together and the other one i have seen which was 3wks ago is a cracking Christian Cullen - Muscle Beach colt he is just your typical Cullen.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The granddam of lot's 15 & 18 i think is what you mean
    Lot 44 for anybody looking for a foundation mare to start with
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 12-11-2011 at 02:56 AM.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Hi mango, I have followed many the offspring from this family and would love to get a filly that is out of Counterfeit Girl.
    Also looking forward to the video & Photos.
    Lot 44 would be nice, there is the odd lot in this sale that made me go WTF is this doing in there they must have needed to make up the numbers.

Junior Member Weanling mo cushla will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    stuart watt
    Occupation
    Breeder
    I am very pleased with my colt Lot 174 by Western Ideal from a metro winning 2 yr old. Disappointed that he was not selected for Premium Sale. In hindsight it may be a blessing. A lot of trainers / buyers I know are not buying at the Premium Sale. I don't think the Melbourne / Sydney split has worked well. Ten Sydney horses in the Melbourne sale is a slap in the face to Victorian breeders.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Starship Captain View Post
    http://www.apgold.com.au/apgold/inde...ourne-premium/

Lot 40- the dam is the dam of the dam of Lot 15 & Lot 18.
    I know what I mean.
    Nice pick Starship. I've got the Counterfeit Girl colt in my 'top5' in Mango's thread. http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...earling-Sale-s

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    I just came across an interesting yearling.
    His 3rd dam was inducted into the USTA Hall of Fame, and is ancestress of six $1 million+ winners
    His dam is a full sister to another USTA Hall of Fame inductee
    His dam was placed in two Miracle Miles, won 3 Newcastle Miles, won 2 Ladyship Miles and was placed 2nd in 2 Ladyship Miles
    He is a half brother to an Australian 3YO Pacer of the Year, winner of 16 consecutive races incl Breeders Crown, Breeders Challenge, Vic Derby, Great Northern Derby.
    Last edited by eliteblood; 01-21-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by mo cushla View Post
    I am very pleased with my colt Lot 174 by Western Ideal from a metro winning 2 yr old. Disappointed that he was not selected for Premium Sale. In hindsight it may be a blessing. A lot of trainers / buyers I know are not buying at the Premium Sale. I don't think the Melbourne / Sydney split has worked well. Ten Sydney horses in the Melbourne sale is a slap in the face to Victorian breeders.
    Hi Stuart

I agree there shouldn't of been a split, there should only be one premium sale and it should of been held in Sydney this year as people in n.s.w have had to travel to Victoria for the last 3yrs. Also as it's an Australian Pacing Gold sale people are well within there right to nominate there yearling's for which ever sale they so choose. I'm sorry that your colt has missed out and hopefully for you it does turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    I just came across an interesting yearling.
    His 3rd dam was inducted into the USTA Hall of Fame broodmare, and is ancestress of six $1 million+ winners
    His dam is a full sister to another USTA Hall of Fame inductee
    His dam was placed in two Miracle Miles, won 3 Newcastle Miles, won 2 Ladyship Miles and was placed 2nd in 2 Ladyship Miles
    He is a half brother to an Australian 3YO Pacer of the Year, winner of 16 consecutive races incl Breeders Crown, Breeders Challenge, Vic Derby, Great Northern Derby.
    Hi Trevor

I can't work this yearling out can you give me some more clue's (JUST JOKING)

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Trevor

I can't work this yearling out can you give me some more clue's (JUST JOKING)
    Some more clues Dallas ......

His 2nd dam is a half sister to very successful sires Dragons Lair (5 in 1:50) and Cole Muffler (14 in 1:50)
    He is from the same maternal family as Artsplace, Bret Hanover, Artiscape, Cambest, Dragon Again and Western Terror

+ Reply to Thread