Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How good is McCarthy

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole

How good is McCarthy

How good is the Luke McCarthy team. I don't now why anyone in NSW bothers. His horses are just unbeatable. 4 winners at Menangle already and a special in the last. I haven't seen a trainer like him since Vin Knight. Luke is one of the greatest.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Emma Stewart has had a great run this week unbelievable really .Not sure it is good for the sport when people dominate like they are.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Brian

If there willing to spend the $$$$ for the right horses i say good luck to them, it just means we have to try harder.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Isnt it amazing how the hardest working trainers also seem to get the best results???

I have watched Mark Purdon and Cran Dalgety in NZ and McCarthy in Aust and they would all inspect the most horses and their attention to detail is amazing. They now also get to pick and choose which horses they take to train.

In my opinion a signifcant numbers of trainers are very lazy. They just expect good horses to land in their lap...
    Last edited by mightymo; 12-15-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Brian

If there willing to spend the $$$$ for the right horses i say good luck to them, it just means we have to try harder.
    Have a mate who has spent a lot of money and his horses are non competitive and he is no mug.I am not disputing the fact they spend the money get the results but still not sure if it is good for the sport.

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Luke McCarthy turns around most horses and not just high value horses. So I don't think that is the major reason for his unbelievable strike rate. A high strike rate is even harder with a high number of horses.
    In regards to working harder with more attention to detail. Well this could help but how do you turn around horses wth more attention to detail and by working harder in 1 or 2 weeks to improve by 2 or 3 seconds? The other thing is that his quality of work could not possibly be as high with the volume of horses that he has.
    I don't know what he's doing differently but the reasons given above are not plausable silver bullets.

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Luke coming to nsw is the best thing to happin here in a long time. He is so far advanced on any other trainer in nsw its not funny it is about time nsw got some honest exciting new trainers. Those that bag the bloke should have a look at the bloke he is the one good thing harness racing in nsw have at the moment.

He will get five winners on Saturday wait and watch.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I dont think there are any magic bullets - its lots of little things that all add up to make a big difference

I agree 100% with Tiny.

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Another pretty sweet performance from the McCarthy team today. Like I've said before he is that far ahead of any other Sydney trainer it's not funny.

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by racefair View Post
    Luke McCarthy turns around most horses and not just high value horses. So I don't think that is the major reason for his unbelievable strike rate. A high strike rate is even harder with a high number of horses.
    In regards to working harder with more attention to detail. Well this could help but how do you turn around horses wth more attention to detail and by working harder in 1 or 2 weeks to improve by 2 or 3 seconds? The other thing is that his quality of work could not possibly be as high with the volume of horses that he has.
    I don't know what he's doing differently but the reasons given above are not plausable silver bullets.
    Mannings used to do that to don't know why they have slowed down and does anybody know why team Douglas stopped going to NSW

Closed Thread