Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2023 Bendigo Cup, Maori Mile & Jason Grimson

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Here is the man speaking himself (rare) during the Queensland campaign mid year
    Click on the video

https://www.racingqueensland.com.au/...-the-big-stage
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A mid year article by Adam Hamilton

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=53491

“I think you’ve got to have your horse happy and you’ve to know how to do that,” he said.

“I work every horse myself … I do every fast work on them.

“I’ve just got that sense where I can feel if a horse feels really good. It’s just the little things they do.

“Take Majestic Cruiser for one. He’ll always have his eyeballs popping out of his head and his ears forward wanting you to brush him. That’s when you know he’s right.”

Grimson talks about his horses, especially those he’s closest too, more like friends than horses.

“Majestic Cruiser keeps getting better and better all the time. He wants to try for you now, if you know what I mean,” he said.

“He’s definitely my favourite. I’ve become quite attracted to him.”

“I’ve got about 25-30 in work now, but, if anything, I’ll cut my numbers down,” he said. “When you’re as hand-on as me, keeping your numbers down is crucial. “I want to keep my numbers small and target the big races.”

The article finishes with quite a bit on Fire Fox who is in today's Cobram Cup. It is another distance event for him even though Grimson says he is not a stayer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    An Ex poster sent me something that states that Grimson stays at Ahmed Taiba's
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-08-2023 at 05:03 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mick Stanley update
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Cardigan. Isn't that where another leading stable is based?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    More than one - Stewart/Tonkin and Stanley for openers. The harness side of Ballarat and one day, as was the case with some old Melton stables, the prime land will one day make them bigger millionaires
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    More than one - Stewart/Tonkin and Stanley for openers. The harness side of Ballarat and one day, as was the case with some old Melton stables, the prime land will one day make them bigger millionaires
    David Barbetti is there too.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Looking at it again
    There is no doubt MM's was a fantastic win after losing his momentum when he ran into the back of Doo
    Maybe Sicario's was not that special, even if a big improvement for him
    The reason I say this is that the last half was run in about 59 secs - when Code Bailey set the record 3yrs ago, they came home in 55

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...20#BNC03012001
    Although the finish was slow, I knew the Lead Time was faster but I did not realize just how fast until Toohard let me know it was 1.52 pace for the first 1,041m
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There was no QIP for Sicario's performance in the Cup
    Tonight at Geelong Our Art Christian also first up for a new stable (actually back to his old stable) coming off almost identical form and odds as that of Sicario and starting the same odds - gets a QIP
    What is good for the goose is good for the gander

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#GEC11012306
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread