Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who can stop Grimson?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Carol. I have not seen the footage but it seems very harsh to me and he would no doubt be appealing.
    In Victoria you can have a horse die on track, whisk it away w/o informing the stewards, bury it in an asbestos pit to evade testing AND only get 6mths
    I reckon that due to the provocation - a strong suspended sentence may have been sufficient
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has been put in the Stewards Wrap section of HRA News as a Stewards Report

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...ries/#stewards
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The minimal reporting of the disqualifications is either an attempt to keep bad news from the public OR an indication of how insignificant harness racing is

Even the Harnesslink News reporting of it, is a reprint from Thoroughbred News

https://harnesslink.com/australia/tw...b-house-brawl/

I am used to The Age never reporting anything harness but I thought the Sydney Morning Herald would, especially with the disqualified being NSW based
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Grimson and Trainer have both been granted Stays

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/disqualified-persons/

No news story about it - how could there be as they haven't reported the news that they have been disqualified in the first place
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The Australian harness racing media consists, by and large, of puppets for HRA and state bodies. They celebrate participants as if a history of disqualifications is a prerequisite for promoting the sport. Zero reporting by the "mainstream" trots media about their golden boys Grimson and Trainor copping DQ's let alone even being charged.

People may knock PP all they like, at least he is on the ball and calls fire at the first sign of smoke. He was onto this scandal within 48 hours of the running of the Blacks A Fake.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    [QUOTE=Messenger;75146]The minimal eporting of the disqualifications is either an attempt to keep bad news from the public OR an indication of how insignificant harness racing is

The latter IMO.
    There could be some advertising gain, for HR albeit small. IMO HR sould take advantage of this & arrange a deal with the WWE to run a few tag team events at APark or Menangle between races. They could have a couple of WWE's super star wrestlers take on some Harness Racing participants which might actually see some people go to the trots.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You're wicked Trish
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Killer Kowalski, my hero!!
    Last edited by trish; 08-27-2023 at 01:19 AM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Jason Grimson and Jack Trainor have had their Disqualifications Set Aside
    You will find a download option if you go to the following link

https://www.racingappealspanel.qld.g...ious-decisions

(Nothing on HRA yet even though it was handed down on Tuesday)

The Decision for Jason is below

Pursuant to Section 252AH(1)(c) of the Racing Integrity Act 2016 the racing decision in so far as it relates to penalty is set aside and a fine of $15,000 together with a penalty of six months suspension, such suspension to be suspended for a period of 12 months conditioned on the Applicant not further offending against the provision of AHRR231, is substituted for the penalty of 12 months disqualification

Personally I think this is a fairer decision
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    My No.1 Reporter spotted this:

A year ago Jason Grimson had Major Meister in the Hunter Cup

He was coming out of the Ballarat, Bendigo and Cranbourne Cups - 2 of which he won!

Tomorrow he will be going around in the Non-TAB meeting at Broken Hill for $2,100
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread