+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Victoria cup

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro

Victoria cup

Poor old Smoken Up will not get a break in the running. I think Bitobliss or Mr Feelgood willwin this one

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    We know what a speed machine and tough customer Smoken Up is , so perhaps Lance might fly out of the gates and keep the speed on all the way and run them off their legs. It's a risk but he's done that before with runners back in the field really struggling to make up ground over the last 800 metres.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Will IMTQ cross Smoken Up at Melton ???
    The home straight says no I think...
    In the Miracle Mile Gary Hall Jnr got suspended for 14 days for causing interference to Smoken on the first turn, as he attempted to cross. ie, he didn't have enough clearance to cross 100%, Lance got cutoff!!!
    The Menangle straight is 350m and it took IMTQ the whole length (from barrier rise that is) to NOT get past properly.
    Melton straight is only 205m....that leaves Gary (I'll cut your legs off or whip you!) Hall 145m short...
    Additionally in the MM, who expected Hall to try to lead, not many I suspect, but this time Lance will come out with that expectation and therefore hold up, at least that's how I see it?
    Either way it will b a great race and a great night, I'll b there...

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Will IMTQ cross Smoken Up at Melton ???
    The home straight says no I think...
    In the Miracle Mile Gary Hall Jnr got suspended for 14 days for causing interference to Smoken on the first turn, as he attempted to cross. ie, he didn't have enough clearance to cross 100%, Lance got cutoff!!!
    The Menangle straight is 350m and it took IMTQ the whole length (from barrier rise that is) to NOT get past properly.
    Melton straight is only 205m....that leaves Gary (I'll cut your legs off or whip you!) Hall 145m short...
    Additionally in the MM, who expected Hall to try to lead, not many I suspect, but this time Lance will come out with that expectation and therefore hold up, at least that's how I see it?
    Either way it will b a great race and a great night, I'll b there...
    Given ITMQ performance in the Cranbourne Cup I suspect he'll be driven for luck. Unless he had a setback before that race we don't know about.

aussiebreno
    The race was tarnished by the barrier draw but it was still a good spectacle, the time was amazing and although Smoken Up always had it in the bag it was good to see Mr Feelgood stick on. Washakie did look like he'd close at one stage.
    As with a past trend in fast run Vic Cups horses from the back just couldn't get into it - although it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
    I'm not a fan of the horse, I'd much rather cheer on BAF, ITMQ, or Melpark Major but I don't think a horse has had a good a record on the grand circuit as him this season. Last 5 starts, all in grand circuit races, and is 3/5 and been disapointing in running 2nd twice. Has already stitched up the grand circuit champion award for this season!

+ Reply to Thread