Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ben Yole

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Thank God for PP. We will set a place at our table for him if ever he decides to come down.

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    I wonder what has happened to all the horses on the property? We might have to ask AB that too.

And why don’t the journalists in the sport cover this story more assertively? I appreciate that they are on the payroll of the racing administrators but aren’t they obligated to from a professional point of view. Isn’t it one of the biggest stories of the last 10 years (at least) in our sport?

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    I just looked at Taz fields for Sun & some are transferred from one yole to another yole.
    So maybe they are being trained from there??
    But I don't know .

I am not sure but IMO journalists do not like writing anything that could sound negative.
    Last edited by trish; 02-15-2024 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Spelling��

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    At least with PP or AB , you get some realism. And a lot of 1st stories as well.

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Yeas that is true re AB. Regarding the journalists not writing anything negative about the sport, why is that? Is it because they are on the payroll (most I guess are) or are they not wanting to upset their trainer/owner friends? The Darren Weir story was well reported and continues to be so to this day. That involved only three or four horses. This involves so many more and numerous other areas.

Good to hear that the horses have been transferred.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP is right - that allowing Ben Yole to transfer his horses to father Wayne Yole is not on but how do you prevent it?

You really have to wonder about major owners Solotrek and Aaron Bain/Summit too
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    PP is right - that allowing Ben Yole to transfer his horses to father Wayne Yole is not on but how do you prevent it?

You really have to wonder about major owners Solotrek and Aaron Bain/Summit too

I am not sure why this has been is allowed.........., but realistically , "same o'l same o'l " . We've seen and complained about it in every other harness racing state . Why not Tas ? And they still wonder why harness racing is imploding !!! They'll have a meeting about harness racing soon and ask participants what can be done to build confidence back in the sport . GIVE ME A BREAK

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    The ABC achieved significant recognition at the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) Awards held on Wednesday, 21 February 2024 with two of its investigative reports receiving top accolades.

One was for a team from ABC News Tasmania, was awarded for “Best coverage of a community sport issue – rural & regional media”.

Their investigative piece, titled “Stacking the Odds: Inside a Tasmanian harness racing juggernaut,” shed light on pressing concerns within the Tasmanian harness racing scene, prompting the Ray Murrihy inquiry. This inquiry later unveiled critical issues plaguing the industry.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
    The ABC achieved significant recognition at the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) Awards held on Wednesday, 21 February 2024 with two of its investigative reports receiving top accolades.

One was for a team from ABC News Tasmania, was awarded for “Best coverage of a community sport issue – rural & regional media”.

Their investigative piece, titled “Stacking the Odds: Inside a Tasmanian harness racing juggernaut,” shed light on pressing concerns within the Tasmanian harness racing scene, prompting the Ray Murrihy inquiry. This inquiry later unveiled critical issues plaguing the industry.
    For which NO meaningful action may be forthcoming!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP is reporting that the TasRAB has quashed the Warning Off due to a denial of natural justice
    He has documents to that effect on his site - I do not know where he has found them as on the TasRAB site, all I can find is the following

https://nre.tas.gov.au/racing/tasman...urrent-appeals

There is nothing on HRA that I can spy
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread