Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feeding soy

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain

Feeding soy

I have been given some soy chips(thats what they look like)chips extruded.
    They are used for feed lot cattle and added when making horse pellets, so I am told.
    Anyone ever heard of it being fed to horses?
    Protien 45%
    Last edited by Starship Captain; 12-16-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Have used soy bean meal , most commercial mixes has the meal in them you don't need to feed a lot of it about 40 - 60 gm's that is of the meal. I have never heard of the steam extruded soy before let us know how you get on.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Flashing Red
    I have had a nutritional expert (had a phD in horse nutrition) tell me for my 17hh thoroughbred I could feed up to 1kg of extruded/micronised soy bean flakes. You can feed similar in soybean meal. There is some new research, from several sources, that unfermented soy is actually a carsenogenic..... I took my horse off it last week for that reason. But is does get the fat

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Thank's Flashing Red, Greg,
    I have added it to some oat's, amounts to less than 10% of the total feed, none of the horses had any worries eating up.
    Do you have any links to the possible carsenogenic problem, the place where I got this also make and sell this stuff for human comsumption in different forms.
    So I was not worried about feeding it to the horses when the hippies down the road are eating Tofu milanesas crumbed with
    this stuff, they all look health.

Flashing Red
    Yes I will try and dig it up. I have an associate that is an equine herbalist and I was given copies of such research etc. I will see if I can dig it up

Flashing Red
    http://www.doctorsaredangerous.com/1...hapternine.pdf

This lady is a little out there... I enjoy reading a vast array of materials and try to pick through what is the truth v sensationalisation...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Very interesting so what do are you supposed to believe? My opinion is that soy milk taste's like shit anyway and seem's to be like climate change, you either believe or you don't. BTW i don't believe in climate change but it was a very interesting read thanks Tahn.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Jason Cash
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Added to oats it is a good feed, (energy & protein) what else could I add that would improve it?
    To make an all-round feed. More oil?the soy still has 5% oil.

triplev123

Exclamation

Soy chips eh?
    I've long thought Soy to be a lot like Red Clover in that it's full of phytoestrogens...so I suggest you don't go getting out a tub of chilli dip and eating them yourself SC. You may find yourself getting a start as a barmaid at Hooters.

Real Name
    Jason Cash
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    HaHaHa

No chance, Hooters would never give me the job as I would be always playing with them0112_hooters_bn-1.jpg

+ Reply to Thread