Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are HRV broke?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Once again, I was thinking how embarrassing it is that we have a Gp3 race tonight worth only $30k when I realized it is 99% likely it will be worth less next year
    I was wondering how many in Vic are looking at land prices in & around Menangle

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would make a LOT (pun intended ) of sense Trish. Some in the Melton region would probably get a good price for their properties as it is a growth corridor
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It would make a LOT (pun intended ) of sense Trish. Some in the Melton region would probably get a good price for their properties as it is a growth corridor
    Just having a look at acres around Menangle & they start around 2 & 1/2 mil. Some under offer at 4 mil.
    So they would have to get that sort of money to get a look in up here.

Junior Member Weanling ryantics will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Ryan
    Occupation
    Store Manager
    If those cuts are absolute then it makes harness racing in Victoria nonviable for every professional stable.
    Only hobby trainers can work with that, it's just a disaster. Complete mismanagement.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Steve, the participant bodies accepted them and they will come in a month from today
    They thought they had a win having no reduction to $4,500 races.
    You cannot tell me that absolutely anybody could have found another $5m to trim from admin if the participant bodies had simply said NO
    Without some really good ideas the downward spiral will continue for I see the prizemoney cuts costing them owners and so they may have to cut again sooner than they think
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From HBV Harness Breeders Victoria

From the President's Desk...

The last few weeks have been tumultuous to say the least. HRV announced $10M of cost reductions with $3.9M of prizemoney cuts. Any prizemoney cuts are distressing for the industry. HBV was consulted by HRV and we made submissions relating to the protection of mares and juvenile racing. These submissions were listened to with reductions to cuts for some races for these cohorts which are important to our members.

HRV have made the majority of the cuts to feature races (50%) with 25% each to come from metro and then country stakes. Given country races make up the vast majority of the racing, the cuts per race to rank and file racing has been minimised.

I attended a meeting with the Minister for Racing along with the other kindred bodies in mid-August. The kindred bodies voiced their concerns with where the industry was heading. The Minister stated that he wanted to meet regularly with the kindred bodies.

The last sentence is very important IMO. Let's hope that not only the Minister but also HRV's CEO and Chairman meet them monthly
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It seems weird that with the prizemoney cuts starting in 3 weeks, a meeting like Kilmore on a Sunday night has 3 x $10k, 4 x $8k and 2 x $4.5k
    I assume the club or sponsors are taking their pool up to $71k for the meet.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=KI100923
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Reductions to prizemoney on Oct 1 may look like a real contrast in comparison to the way that Vic seems to be throwing money around at present.
    Take the little meeting at Geelong tonight
    Taking $7k to be the usual stake, we see 2 of the 9 races for that amount and only one $4,500 race, then we see 4 races for $8k and 2 races for $10k (one of these is a Platinum Maiden trot so it may have been part of the series)

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=GE270923
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not many reduced prizemoney races seen so far - the odd $6k races here and there, a couple of $17.5k races at Melton this Saturday
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I notice a couple of races at Melton on Saturday night are for $15,000
    If the following is still the ratings system, I reckon they would rather be racing for $14,999

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=MX281023
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread