Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Country Cups 2023

aussiebreno

Country Cups 2023

Battle lines drawn in the Maryborough Cup. I can see an Act Now loss I'l be blaming Jodi and a RNR Who loss Kev will be blaming Stanley ��

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#MHC17092301

One of the two has to win. Should be close
    With the extra run under his belt, I fancy RNRD
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Act Now scratched.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    VIC - Maryborough 17/9/23 Show Me Heaven NZ / Act Now - Withdrawals & Investigation
    16 September 2023

Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards advise that Show Me Heaven NZ and Act Now have been withdrawn from their respective engagements in Race 3 and Race 7 at the Maryborough race meeting to be conducted on Sunday 17 September 2023. Both horses have been withdrawn in accordance with the provisions of Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 196B (3).

The scratchings relate to a stable inspection being conducted by HRV Investigative Stewards at the registered training establishment of Emma Stewart on Saturday 16 September 2023 and circumstances of an intravenous drip being administered or attempted to be administered to the aforementioned horses within one (1) clear day of the relevant race meeting in contravention of the provisions of AHRR 196B (1).

As an investigation remains ongoing into this matter, no further comment will be made at this time.

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=62397
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Cup really missed Act Now - it was no contest for RNRDoo
    (Big 4th from Treachery)

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#MHC17092301
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    A case study of Curly James, beaten margins and Vic Cup prices

RNR Who beat him 1.3m and is $3.50
    Better Eclipse 3.5m $21
    Bulletproof Boy 3.4m $151
    Sahara Tiger 5.3m not listed - $1001 if it was
    Can't Top This 3m not listed
    My Ultimate Ronnie 3.9m $126
    AGs White Socks 1.9 not listed
    Jilliby Dynamite 8m not listed
    Betterzippit 3.8m & 17.9m $81
    Serg Blanco went down a head to Curly and is $151

Spot the odd one out here?

We then use Spirit of St Louis leading at Menangle Mile and horses drawn gate 8 who covered ground early to work to the death. RNR Who did just that and was able to beat Louis by a short half head. Star Major did the same thing and got to 1.9m of Louis. That puts RNR Who about a 2m better horse than Star Major. Star Major was $151 the other night let alone what he would be in a Vic Cup. It just doesn't stack up.

Now I don't actually think RNR Who is only 2m better than Star Major hence the italics BUT it goes to show the way the races were run sprinting home in low 26s and a blanket finish that you can't actually take anything out of it. Which brings me to my point that it is ludicrous that people have watched the Len Smith mile and wound into $3.50. If Leap to Fame decides to stay home he could be touching odds on. Just poison unders.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You need to stop the RNR Who - you would kill for a horse as good as him
    As for the unders and overs - in just about every race with a Stewart favourite you see the same thing. Admittedly they generally win
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    You need to stop the RNR Who - you would kill for a horse as good as him
    As for the unders and overs - in just about every race with a Stewart favourite you see the same thing. Admittedly they generally win
    I'd also kill for one to just make the bloody races at this point

aussiebreno
    Kilmore Cup and we get as good a chance as ever to see if RNR Who can justify his short Vic Cup quote (& put egg on my face) as he is probably going to need to sit outside Act Now.

Act Now the charmed draw in 1 and so to Better Eclipse to follow him out in 8. Thats a logical quinella for mine and I excpet the top 3 will dominate the market.

Maybe Curly James chances his arm at the start and makes something of the race otherwise it could be a procession until the final 400m.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Michael Stanly might (in my dreams) decide this is not the Grand Final, lets go back at the start and come 3 wide down the back straight the last time. If it works - great, if it doesn't - we still have the GF. Of course if the Stewart team crawl in front, he will come around and park

The Field

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#KIM29092301
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread