Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Country Cups 2023

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Michael Stanly might (in my dreams) decide this is not the Grand Final, lets go back at the start and come 3 wide down the back straight the last time. If it works - great, if it doesn't - we still have the GF. Of course if the Stewart team crawl in front, he will come around and park

The Field

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#KIM29092301
    Doubt Act Now will be crawling

aussiebreno
    Michael Stanly might (in my dreams) decide this is not the Grand Final, lets go back at the start and come 3 wide down the back straight the last time. If it works - great, if it doesn't - we still have the GF. Of course if the Stewart team crawl in front, he will come around and park

The Field

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#KIM29092301
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...in-at-kilmore/

Yep he is gonna go full Mick Stanley

I’m on the best stayer in the race so I’ll be out to make it a true staying test, but I’m also conscious that it could make my horse vulnerable late to a horse like Better Eclipse,” he said.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With GF eve being a public holiday nowadays - I wonder whether Kilmore could not make more of an event out of a Day meeting?
    (The gallops main meet for the day is at night)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Outlaw Man may have been an interesting runner if he had got into the Kilmore Cup after winning the consolation (shorter distance) sitting parked and smashing Captain Ravishing's Tk Rec
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well, an old dog can learn new tricks. Michael Stanley was not interested in giving RNRDoo a gutbuster. As it turns out, he could probably have had a reasonably easy run if he had gone to the death which is what makes a great driver does - goes to Plan B. Mick isn't a great driver and he has a pre-race plan and doesn't adapt.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Better Eclipse a smart horse and capitalised on the run.

Beyond Delight rocketed home (entitled to off the run but that was a sharp sprint).

Act Now disappointing. Zip isn't his go but 26.8 from in front he should have had the zip still.

RNR Who got full Mick Stanley'd. Would want to win the Vic Cup having the audacity to use a Gp2 $75K Kilmore Cup as a trial after being quoted during the week as saying he would make it a staying contest.

aussiebreno
    Well, an old dog can learn new tricks. Michael Stanley was not interested in giving RNRDoo a gutbuster. As it turns out, he could probably have had a reasonably easy run if he had gone to the death which is what makes a great driver does - goes to Plan B. Mick isn't a great driver and he has a pre-race plan and doesn't adapt.
    You've worded that nicer than what a lot of people are probably feeling right now!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    But unless a top driver was specifically told NOT to go to the death (other than simply being told not to gut him), a top driver would have snuck around to the death and the 2 leaders could have continued to crawl. I have always thought that with Stewart and Stanley pretty much neighbours that they are probably pretty close.
    Mick seems old school to me - since when do we take trainers and drivers at their word
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Just watching replay. Treachery probably disappointing

I know he stuffed around first 800m and Tough Tilly is a tough mare but RNR Who barely got past her so despite the circumstances I would still say slightly disappointing.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't think RNRDoo was disappointing
    Bruce Edward owns 2nd, 3rd & 4th

The second start in a row that Tough Tilly has swished her tail in the straight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread