Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When did Tabcorp Park become Melton Entertainment Park?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

When did Tabcorp Park become Melton Entertainment Park?

I am a bit slow on the uptake and don't get me wrong - I am not complaining as I like to look up tracks (in the Tracks section for records) by their location, so that has now been fixed

Worried as to whether this constitutes a loss of sponsorship during these cash-strapped times
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I am a bit slow on the uptake and don't get me wrong - I am not complaining as I like to look up tracks (in the Tracks section for records) by their location, so that has now been fixed

Worried as to whether this constitutes a loss of sponsorship during these cash-strapped times
    I noticed the same thing this morning. I thought under "track details" might show track dimensions, like the length of he straights, length of the turns, degrees of camber, etc. But no, HRV goes all KGB when releasing such information.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    I noticed the same thing this morning. I thought under "track details" might show track dimensions, like the length of he straights, length of the turns, degrees of camber, etc. But no, HRV goes all KGB when releasing such information.
    Some of that is there Trev

If 205 is the full length of the straight, the turns might then be 315m
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Only in the past week or two. I seen them announce it on Facebook

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Tabcorp sponsorship expired about 2-3 months ago. Has taken some time to announce the new name and get signage etc. For a while, media were required to call it Melton Park, but last week was the official announcement of Melton Entertainment Park. Not sure I like it - another slap in the face for the 'home' of Victorian harness racing.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Carol. I agree with you. Tabcorp not even sponsoring our home - we really are in trouble.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Hmm. They are pretty easily entertained out Melton way if that is the best they can come up with.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Naming it after a sponsor was always going to cause confusion but they will do anything for a buck ! I like the new name better .
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They need to do absolutely anything for a buck Rick. I only didn't like the fact that the old name was not preceded by Melton so that when you looked up Tracks it was under its location like everybody else eg. You do not find the Bendigo track details under 'Lords Raceway'.
    As for the new name, it wouldn't have hurt for it to have had some indication that it is a harness track
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread