Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Interdominion 2023

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We Believe we have never seen Greg Sugars so happy
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Two great performances in one night. Fitting way to end a fantastic ID series.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A couple of excellent drives in the Pacing final by Dixon and Sugars.
    Dixon was not going to the lead until something else had come around to keep Swayzee locked up
    But Sugars did not want to breeze and was happy to let Swayzee out to pressure LTF and give him cover

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#APM16122301
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Leap to Fame has earned the rarest and hardest earned title - CHAMPION.

As for the timing of the Pacing Grand Final, what were they thinking? An almost embarrassed Ryan Phelan had to keep referring to the Trotters Final - 1hr 52 min later - as the main race just to keep audience interest.

Meanwhile, the Melbourne greyhounds at The Meadows attracted a capacity crowd (official attendance unknown) tor the $1.65 million The Phoenix. In Perth, the WATA attracted over 8,000 on track for hometown champ Damien Oliver's last ever meeting as a jockey. What a master-stroke of programming that was, with Olly winning the last three races in the fashion that has taken him from a champion to a legend. His last ever ride was a was one of his greatest in the $1.5 million Damien Oliver Gold Rush. You had to see it to believe it and, if you were patiently awaiting the ID Pacers Final, you did!

All of this highlighted what a bucket of scraps the Inter Dominioin has become. A lousy $530k for the final after 3 torrid rounds of heats is not enough to attract Australasia's best. It belittles the sport; the $250k Golden Nugget 4yo was held the previous night just demonstrates what a mess our programming and feature race scheduling is in.

And how irrelevant we have become to the gallops and now the dish-lickers. Not good.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well said Trev. I know HRV have a quite new CEO but he is yet to WOW whereas our Chairman should have departed llloooonnngggg ago. HRA is the same and I would not be surprised if other states are also guilty. Maybe it is up to the Sports Ministers to note that the code is faltering and dismiss non-performers. Sports Ministers however (like 99% of the pop.) are unlikely to know anything about us when appointed.
    I think it is up to those whose livelihoods depend on it, breeders, trainers, drivers - to let the Ministers know that we are going down the $#!^@*
    These representative bodies are too meek!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The final is normally on between 9 and 10pm. I had a quick look at the odds and was shocked to see the race was going to run in 5 minutes. Just crazy.
    Also I was considering going to Melton last night, shock horror , no meeting. Crazy again.
    So I switched over to the FTA racing channel to watch, shock again , the dogs were on ! Then the final was won by Mr integrity himself with 2nd, 3rd and 4th not mush better IMO.

Overall I think Harness Racing was the biggest loser of the night.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread