Roll With Joe

Thread: A Leading Question (stats)

Threaded View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

A Leading Question (stats)

Here is a NYE resolution that I may or may not follow through on but I have good intentions.
    (I am pretty sure that I did something similar on here years ago)
    Our product needs to be more interesting and having half the races won by the leader is not exciting stuff. I believe this to be particularly true for our code as a good deal of the time you can narrow down who is likely to lead to a couple of horses. At the gallops they seem to be able to lead from more barriers and for the handful of times I have seen a dogs race, they seem a bit of a scramble but I believe the inside and outside boxes are the favoured draws.

Now I think most of us think that the leaders win half the time but knowing is another matter so I will try to keep a running tally of how many leaders win in Victoria to see if we have a 'boring' problem
    I won't be watching every race but mainly going off the Stewards Comments column as to who was the leader at the bell. I appreciate that in some longer distance races the bell leader winning does not necessarily equate to a boring race but I am going to present the stats simply as stated

1/1/24 = 6/9 (Echuca 6/9)
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-04-2024 at 11:40 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI