Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A G Hunter Cup and Great Southern Star 2024

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe the solid trial is because if your horse is older than four, there are not many high stakes lead up races before the MM qualifiers on March 2
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It seems a massive ask bringing Majestuoso back for the Great Southern Star's heat and final format after he has been off the scene for 11 months

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...24#MXM03022408
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There are some ridiculous starters in the Great Southern Star
    In future I think there should be an entry condition that noms must have a sub 2 min winning time
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hope Nathan Jack does not regret not taking the opportunity to ease down on Callmethebreeze in that heat
    An impressive trotter he surely is
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Weird as Southern Star draw. The favourites got late choices BUT why did Callmethebreeze connections take 10 when they could have had 6 with Just Believe either having to take 7 or 10
    Especially weird given post draw interview and Anton Golino saying they would have preferred the front !!!! (they could have???)

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Leap to Fame is so special
    Bettors Delight sired the Trifecta

Time was good - only 0.8 secs outside the Tk Rec of Tiger Tara (Bettors Delight) set in the 2019 Hunter Cup
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know that we need the Southern Star and the Hunter Cup on the same night
    The Southern Star upstaged the Hunter Cup from a home viewer's perspective

Nathan Jack - so much smarter than this armchair expert LOL
    He won the race in the beginning by assessing that Blue Coman would go to the rail, allowing him to push through into the running line and keeping Just Believe working early
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Unfortunately I was reading your posts and had unknowingly left my TV on Sky 2 so only caught the last 400 of the Southern Star. Seemed like a great race! (Missed out on backing it too!)

How close would have Purdon got to Leap to Fame if his horse didn’t go rough in the straight.

From my armchair I am loving the racing tonight re both big races etc. Backed a winner or two also.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You should have been on TrotsVision Daniel
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    I was also watching Bunbury re new lights. We have been waiting for that for two years! (It might be my aging eyes but did the track seem a bit blueish in the back straight at Bunbury?)

Hunter Cup was a great night though, with the highlight being the performance and drive of the French horse. Great to see Triple Eight win, given he is one of his recently deceased sire’s best progeny.

Other thoughts- I am in favour of putting the big races together on one night. Wish they would try it here re Pacing Cup and Golden Nugget.

+ Reply to Thread