Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Check the Tote Board before ruling on the Protest

triplev123

Lightbulb

On that score...whenever a protest is lodged & regardless of it subsequently being upheld or in this case dismissed, along with the normal race footage I wonder why don't we have the applicable head on /Steward's patrol footage of the incident ALSO uploaded to the National Website?
    It can't be that difficult a thing to do surely? We could even go so far as to place a link to the footage in the Stewards Report of the race/s in question.
    Tech Heads...comments please? Where's Andy Myers when we need him the most? Ground Control to Andy...come in Andy.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    On that score...whenever a protest is lodged & regardless of it subsequently being upheld or in this case dismissed, along with the normal race footage I wonder why don't we have the applicable head on /Steward's patrol footage of the incident ALSO uploaded to the National Website?
    It can't be that difficult a thing to do surely? We could even go so far as to place a link to the footage in the Stewards Report of the race/s in question.
    Tech Heads...comments please? Where's Andy Myers when we need him the most? Ground Control to Andy...come in Andy.
    Good call Jamie I have asked this question many a time and always get the same answer " it cost too much " what a load of crap how much extra could it be to show 20 secs of the head on footage in every race just to give the viewing public a greater perspective of the race. I have watched stewards patrol footage of races at Newcastle and if the public got to see this version instead of what they get I think you would see an increase in turnover . The patrol footage shows the horses close up especially in the back straight were as the T.V footage the horses are that far away they look like ants.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Denny speaking of that "closeup" vision of horses in the back straight, what is your opinion of the split screen vision we usually see of harness races in NZ broadcast on Sky ?

I really like seeing the two shots, one the standard view and at the top of the screen (when they are in the back straight) a real closeup of each individual horse in the field. I would really like to see that in operation with the Sky Menangle coverage.
    Last edited by David Summers; 12-18-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Denny speaking of that "closeup" vision of horses in the back straight, what is your opinion of the split screen vision we usually see of harness races in NZ broadcast on Sky ?

I really like seeing the two shots, one the standard view and at the top of the screen (when they are in the back straight) a real closeup of each individual horse in the field. I would really like to see that in operation with the Sky Menangle coverage.
    David I would love to see us have the same split screen footage hear , it gives you a ring side view, you can almost see the drivers thinking , I believe it's the same old story that it's too hard or too expensive.

triplev123
    I agree Denny. Costs too much....my hairy arse. In this day and age there's absolutely no way known that including applicable footage of a protested incident would be cost prohibitive.
    The crew at Harbor TV are amongst the most obliging people that I've met in a long time and Andy Myers is as smart as a whip when it comes to such things. If they were asked about how to do this I'm sure they'd get together & find a way to make it work. I think we're onto something here. Interesting to see who's going to be the first to pick up the ball and run with it.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I agree Denny. Costs too much....my hairy arse. In this day and age there's absolutely no way known that including applicable footage of a protested incident would be cost prohibitive.
    The crew at Harbor TV are amongst the most obliging people that I've met in a long time and Andy Myers is as smart as a whip when it comes to such things. If they were asked about how to do this I'm sure they'd get together & find a way to make it work. I think we're onto something here. Interesting to see who's going to be the first to pick up the ball and run with it.

You know one of my favorite sayings is IF NOTHING CHANGES ,THEN NOTHING CHANGES, so tomorrow I'll ring Ross Gigg at Newcastle and ask him why they don't show the back straight footage that the stewards use to the public and see the reason behind it .

aussiebreno
    In breaking news just to hand the Newcaslte Harness Racing Club are going to leave the phone off the hook for the next week.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    In breaking news just to hand the Newcaslte Harness Racing Club are going to leave the phone off the hook for the next week.
    Just as well I have Ross Giggs mobile number

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Just as well I have Ross Giggs mobile number
    Boys Sam is the man to fix this one not Ross and with a push it will happen.

+ Reply to Thread