Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Murrihy Report Into Tasmanian Harness Racing Industry

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I agree Carol, I doubt you can be warned off without having been found guilty of something by either the judicial system or Harness rules
    It is interesting re the point you make about guilt. In WA it seems that all is needed is for RWWA to form an opinion that a persons attendance at a meeting is “ prejudicial to the proper conduct or control of racing etc.” Then the show cause notice is used re procedural fairness. The rest of the process is vague. I guess any appeal process may be around the word opinion. In WA this is in RWWA regulations although the Act is fairly similar. Also submissions to repeal warned off participants are heard by the Integrity Assurance Committee and appear to be quite rare.

It is an interesting approach to an institutions governance but I guess is only utilised in fairly extreme circumstances.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    There is an artical on the abc news that I have no idea how to put it on here as I'm awa
    y. ( don't have my computer).
    I think this is the article Trish is referring to

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-...port/103430808
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This is from an ABC News article from last Friday

Last night, it served formal notices to those named in the report, warning them off "all venues controlled by Tasracing in Tasmania".
    According to the Australian Rules of Harness racing, a person who has been "warned off" is unable to "participate in any manner in the harness racing industry".

"TasRacing is satisfied it has the grounds on which to make this decision under the Racing Regulation Act 2004, based on serious allegations and subsequent findings made by Mr Murrihy," Tasracing chief executive Andrew Jenkins said.

"The named participants have a show cause period to provide evidence why the notice should be rescinded."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-...port/103418378

Interesting as it would seem you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It might be time for HRA to change at least one of their banner pics for the Top Twenty page
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Good idea.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I think this is the article Trish is referring to

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-...port/103430808
    Yes, it is , thank you Kev.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    It's very strange that the Tas board didn't get to see the report until it was made public, you would expect them to be kept informed !
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread