Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
For those of you who haven't yet worked it out, this posting from the opening few words to the last few words the is TH CLASSIC example of someone who has absolutely no concept of how harness racing in N operates.
A few points for the uneducated...
The stewards DONT make decisions regarding charrges or penalties in NZ. they are the investigators NOT the judges.
I haven't seen a track yet in Australia where I cant hop over the outside fence and find myself easily able to access the main racing track. When we have 3metres fences between the crowd and the horses we really will ned to give serious thought to the concept of the phantom meeting for off course punters only.
No appeal has been lodged with the NZ courts. The decision was released after the courts had closed on Friday and no appeals can be lodged to a decision not released.
While security was provided for the NZ Cup meeting...the only way Smoken up would be there...and he was.. know, I saw him there. Security of the horse is the professional responsibility of the trainer, not the club. This is not only within the rules of HRNZ it is the absolute responsibility of any professional trainer's duty of care. It really grates me when people think the club should provide special security at the cost to the small players when they cant manage the care and attention to their horses their owners pay them for. It doesnt matter how big or small the race, the trainers' responsibilty is to his horses and protecting them from any perceived danger.
Teecee I don't know where you live- sounds like your a kiwi -but Lance Justice stated in an interview on sky last night and his exact words were and i'll quote " an appeal has already been lodged and action will take place in the N.Z high court"" now I don't know your occupation and whether you are in a position to challenge this statement but I would assume that Lance Justice knows a little bit more about this subject than you. If you have any clue to this whole saga you would be aware that the issue is not what happened BEFORE the race but what persons came into contact with the horse AFTER the race. I'll let you into a little secret there is footage of the presentation that show several people ( NOT CONNECTED TO THE JUSTICE CAMP) making contact with the horse and there is very good legal advice to say that the chance of contamination occurring after the race are very strong ,and if this is proven then the charge of presenting a horse to race free of banned substance is dead.