Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Lance

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    Its also a reliever for inflammation and arthritic conditions which makes it a performance enhancer but not according to the wizard on here
    If it is as Ringman indicates and if 15 mg/l is legal, what pain relief would 25 mg/l do. From documents read it appears over 600 mg/l up to 000's mg/l are the norm when given in treatments

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Its also a reliever for inflammation and arthritic conditions which makes it a performance enhancer but not according to the wizard on here
    When you read this site ,we'll all be on the stuff.http://www.dmso.org/articles/information/muir.htm

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    If it is as Ringman indicates and if 15 mg/l is legal, what pain relief would 25 mg/l do. From documents read it appears over 600 mg/l up to 000's mg/l are the norm when given in treatments
    It's not what the level is at the time of the swab that tell you what benefit the horse gets, If you have a horse with cronic joint pain or arthritis drenching with High levels of DMSO can help relief both of these ailments. It is NOT illegal to do this as long as by the time you present your horse to race it is inside the legal threshold .... the same as bi-carb it is also not illegal to use but you have a level you have to be under to race , So treating a horse with DMSO leading into a race can be just as tricky as bi-carb, as the trainer you have to make sure your calculations are spot on or you run the risk of a positive swab

aussiebreno
    Pain relief doesn't improve performance. It merely allows peak performance to occur.
    It only allows for ability to be realised, it doesn't increase ability.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Pain relief doesn't improve performance. It merely allows peak performance to occur.
    Brendan, I suggest you take that argument to the various racing authorities.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Brendan I think your clutching at straws on this one mate , if a horse is racked with pain and you treat it with a pain reliever which allows it to perform at a greater level than it would have without the pain relief then surely this is enhancing it's performance.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Brendan, I suggest you take that argument to the various racing authorities.
    It has been debated not just in racing but in the world outside of racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Brendan I think your clutching at straws on this one mate , if a horse is racked with pain and you treat it with a pain reliever which allows it to perform at a greater level than it would have without the pain relief then surely this is enhancing it's performance.
    Only on the race-day/night. It doesn't actually make the horse better. It merely just allows it to race to its potential.

It's a fine line but surely painkillers aren't in the same league as growth hormones etc?

I'm not condoning the use or presentation of a horse to race with the drug in its system, all I'm saying is it doesn't make the horse better.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Is that right ??? so if the horse is only capable of performing at 80% in pain and its given pain relief and performs at 95% that hasnt improved its performance had it run with the pain.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    It has been debated not just in racing but in the world outside of racing.

Only on the race-day/night. It doesn't actually make the horse better. It merely just allows it to race to its potential.

It's a fine line but surely painkillers aren't in the same league as growth hormones etc?

I'm not condoning the use or presentation of a horse to race with the drug in its system, all I'm saying is it doesn't make the horse better.
    Brendan why do you think they are banned? if they do not enhance performance. and nobody is saying that it improves a horse or makes them run faster than they normally can , but allowing them to take away everyday pain that is part and parcel with performance horses is ENHANCING its performance.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    I always wondered what would happen if a horse that has been given pain relief? Fall's during a race, injuring other horses and people.

When I have a sore back I do not play football, my thinking is that I will just hurt my back more, am I wrong in thinking this way?

+ Reply to Thread