Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Lance

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I reckon you might have "missed the point" somewhat Jamie,or are you saying it should gloves off/open slather? The vast majority of people in this game want a level playing field and they'd like to think to the rules and the administration are working to assure this.

As i said in my earlier post if all horses arriving on course 4/5 hours before competition was a workable solution and regulated drugs administered then I'm sure everyone would be fine with that....everyone that could still participate that is.

I'll repeat myself for your benefit. The vast distances we are spread out over in Australia, combined with a large percentage of horses trained by hobbyists make on course arrival 4/5 hours before competition prohibitive. The recently repealed two hour limit caused many people to have their racing options restricted and hence reduced fields. What sort of affect do you reckon 4 to 5 hours is going to have?

It's one thing to quote whats fine in "other racing jurisdictions" but quite another to come up with workable solutions.

One thing that really annoys me is people who frequently whinge but seldom provide solutions, whingeing is cheap and easy.... solutions are are a tad harder to do.

Do us all a favour and conduct a little survey of your own, ask a reasonable cross section of trainers how they would cope with on course arrival times of 4 to 5 hours pre-competition.

If you do you might get an understanding of how the people who provide the racing product are getting on and how they reckon they might handle your "solution" in todays world!
    Well Said DANNO I think the majority of readers on here are well aware of what you are saying , but unlike 2 or 3 others ( no names no pack drills) who want to carry on with there little games of if one has an opinion ,No matter how fancifull it is the other 2 will go along for the ride to re enforce the original ones thoughts . when someone tries to compare the effects of BUTE with food, water, shoeing ,vitamins, jogging,etc then I think you just have to show them the contempt they deserve and let them go, knowing that every other reader on here knows whats going on. Their as predictable as night follows day.
    Last edited by A BIT DUSTY; 01-01-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    This remind you of anyone
    56093251_1.jpg

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    this remind you of anyone
    Attachment 125
    Couldn't have put it any better Greg

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    As i said in my earlier post if all horses arriving on course 4/5 hours before competition was a workable solution and regulated drugs administered then I'm sure everyone would be fine with that....everyone that could still participate that is.

I'll repeat myself for your benefit. The vast distances we are spread out over in Australia, combined with a large percentage of horses trained by hobbyists make on course arrival 4/5 hours before competition prohibitive. The recently repealed two hour limit caused many people to have their racing options restricted and hence reduced fields. What sort of affect do you reckon 4 to 5 hours is going to have?

It's one thing to quote whats fine in "other racing jurisdictions" but quite another to come up with workable solutions.
    There are plenty of hobby trainers in the US and plenty and plenty of long travelling to races. Tracks are spread out just as much as they are, for example, in Victoria, New South Wales. Professionals v hobbyist and travelling time I think you would find is very similar BOTH sides of the equator. While 4 hour lasix is a bit of a pain, people don't complain about it, it is just a part of racing.

Workable solutions? I think horse trainers in the Southern Hemisphere have been spoilt way too long with 1 hour on course arrival times. Kicking up such a stink about an extra 60 minutes is proof of this (IMHO). 2 hours is nothing compared to 4 hours...

JMHO.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    This remind you of anyone
    Attachment 125
    Heck at least I'm in good company... people that know what they are talking about. :P Can I be Moe? lol!

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    i reckon you might have "missed the point" somewhat jamie,or are you saying it should gloves off/open slather?
    [vvv] no, but that's an excellent deployment of a straw man there dan.

i am once again suggesting, as i have openly suggested on other forums for 4 or 5 years or more now, that australian racing adminstration needs to get this out of the 'too hard' basket and take a genuine look at thresholds for therapeutics.

bill muscat's recent bute charge is, as i said, imo a rather timely example.
    the test for phenylbutazone is so sensitive that it picks up the presence of minute amounts and calls a positive, regardless. To my knowledge there is no threshold on that test below which it is deemed that the swab is clear.

i don't know bill from adam but whatever amount there is in that swab, given what i know of the test then i would be prepared to bet my jatz crackers that, like the overwhelming majority of other such positives, the drug wasn't found to be present in a pharmacologically active amount, that it was not in any way, shape or form providing the horse with anything even approaching that which could be reasonably referred to as being anti-inflamatory pain relief.
    bute folds up its tent and goes home after 12hrs. See for yourself. Do your own experiment. Give it to a horse with a foot abscess for example and then watch how long it takes for the soreness to return.
    nonetheless, old mate's now got a case to answer. Imo pragmatism has long ago been tossed out the window and it has been replaced with a thoughtless, blinded form of enforcement...replaced with an 'it's easier to ban everything and jam the trainer than it is to establish thresholds for a range of therapeutics' scenario. In this day & age, imo, that's just not good enough.

the vast majority of people in this game want a level playing field and they'd like to think to the rules and the administration are working to assure this.

[vvv] cogito ergo sum.

as i said in my earlier post if all horses arriving on course 4/5 hours before competition was a workable solution and regulated drugs administered then i'm sure everyone would be fine with that....everyone that could still participate that is.

[vvv] pretty to watch that. Take one aspect mentioned then extrapolate to the utmost, make it a blanket rule that does not even exist and then commence to yell that the sky is falling by way of participants being unable to comply with said non existant rule. you've got that old straw man routine locked down dan. You've turned it into an art form.
    that one 4hr pre race arrival is an example of the lasix administration at the meadowlands...it is 4hrs prior. if your horse doesn't need lasix then you don't have to be there 4hrs prior.
    god only knows what you'd have come up with if i mentioned a 24hrs detention barn for big $$$ feature events.

i'll repeat myself for your benefit.
    [vvv] one more time for the people up the back in the cheap seats.

the vast distances we are spread out over in australia, combined with a large percentage of horses trained by hobbyists make on course arrival 4/5 hours before competition prohibitive.
    [vvv] i'll not mention your debating method by name anymore.
    A picture should suffice.

the recently repealed two hour limit caused many people to have their racing options restricted and hence reduced fields. What sort of affect do you reckon 4 to 5 hours is going to have?
    [vvv] See the happy Straw gentleman sitting quietly above.

it's one thing to quote whats fine in "other racing jurisdictions" but quite another to come up with workable solutions.

[vvv] do you honestly think that australia has some sort of a mortgage on distances, travel times and hobbyist/part time trainer participants that our US & CAN industry counterparts do not have to deal with? ground control to major tom...

one thing that really annoys me is people who frequently whinge but seldom provide solutions, whingeing is cheap and easy.... Solutions are are a tad harder to do.

[vvv] there's the hook dan.
    you see, i am providing/suggesting solutions on this subject...solutions to trainers getting jammed up on bullshit positives because racing administration in this country is too reticent, complacent or just too god damned brain dead to consider an alternative.
    On the other hand, you're the one who is wanting to adopt a 'hang back and let's just see where our leaders lead us' approach. If old mate hadn't gotten in his boat and sailed off for the piece to show the earth was round, we'd still be working off flat earth maps.

do us all a favour and conduct a little survey of your own, ask a reasonable cross section of trainers how they would cope with on course arrival times of 4 to 5 hours pre-competition.

[vvv] us all? Hmmm.
    as in you feel that you speak for the majority then?
    elected yourself representative i take it?
    as for he rest of that piece...it's time for old mate to make his 3rd appearance.

if you do you might get an understanding of how the people who provide the racing product are getting on and how they reckon they might handle your "solution" in todays world!
    [vvv]...and that makes 4 straw fellows.

pity really, with 6 you get egg roll.
    you could play doris day, denny could be brian keith.

vvv
    Last edited by triplev123; 01-01-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: apologies, despite my best efforts 2 Straw Men appear to have taken a powder.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Well Said DANNO I think the majority of readers on here are well aware of what you are saying , but unlike 2 or 3 others ( no names no pack drills) who want to carry on with there little games of if one has an opinion ,No matter how fancifull it is the other 2 will go along for the ride to re enforce the original ones thoughts . when someone tries to compare the effects of BUTE with food, water, shoeing ,vitamins, jogging,etc then I think you just have to show them the contempt they deserve and let them go, knowing that every other reader on here knows whats going on. Their as predictable as night follows day.
    [VVV] Old mate once again.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    vvv
    Typical tripple Dribble he gets trumped on something and goes into holier than thou rant that makes no sense . Has anyone else ( outside the secret coven} noticed the more he gets proven wrong the bigger and sillier his replies and how that often contain childish photo's or you tube sites , maybe he actually thinks someone finds them funny!! It's really say's a lot about someone when they start putting pictures of straw men on their post to try and belittle others ,not to mention Dorris Day and Brian Keith ref .

triplev123
    Hey Denny, here's the rub Trooper. Go and educate yourself just a tad on the subject at hand and then come back and we'll have an informed debate about it, Ok? Can't be fairer than that. Shop around, you'll not beat that price.
    Flashing knows exactly what I am talking about. Plenty of others do too. The winds of change are blowing mate. In the next 18 months-2 years you'll see some very significant changes in this area. I know that for a fact. If you want to bury your head in the sand then that's your choice but as far as I'm concerned it is far better to attempt to shape policy than it is to mindlessly fight it.

triplev123
    Btw, Denny, I'll send you a PM with my e-mail, send me one and I'll send back to you a very interesting document covering much of the above. Have a look how it COULD be done then let me know what you think.

+ Reply to Thread