Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Lance

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    spot on Maorisidol but under their rules you are WRONG. The court case ruled that in their opinion the horse was "presented to race" when he lined up at the mobile, so even the streaker would have been Lance's fault under the current rules....go figure.
    Even the Control contamination was just a machine error.
    Go get them Lance and get the stupid rules changed so that every trainer has a fair chance of defending themselves in NZ. Why do you think they all plead guilty, the new rules are so onesided in the stewards favour they can't lose.

Junior Member Weanling barny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig barnard
    I'm configuring my response

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Craig your reading skills are not dissimilar to your ability to acknowledge a great horse and trainer. Non existant. If you can find where I mentioned the word honesty I will pay the interdominion prize purse to G Hall out of my own sky rocket.
    Last edited by Flashing Red; 12-18-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Deleting original quote which has been deleted

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    I got paid my winners ticket. Will get one for last night too. Enjoy the winners photo with SU's arse in the left hand corner. Maybe use the prizemoney to photoshop SU out. Or better yet leave it in there, its as close as hes got to him!
    How have you turned this into a Smoken Up V ITMQ scenario. Hall Snr come out and said that although he will take it that it's no way to win an Inter and he feels sorry for Justice. And for the record ITMQ has beaten Smoken Up past the post eg Cranbourne Cup last year.

Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    No hate hear Brendan was just overstating a little on how bad I.T.M.Q went last night , he sure has had a tough month and he'll definitely bounce back, but I would hate to see him be crowned inter dom champ when he was soundly beaten by the better horse on the day , D.M.S.O in the miniscule amount that showed up in the swab would not have made one bit of difference to the result . The N.Z stipes cleared Justice of administering it meaning they believe someone else has probably by mistake passed it on, surely you would agree it would be a shit of a way to lose such a big race .
    Rules are rules this for me isn't a us V them mentality (I think this thread attacking Lance is stupid I've only posted because I thought you were attacking ITMQ) its just playing it by the rules (whether those rules are bad or not).

Junior Member Weanling barny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig barnard
    Mate my ability to read is fine, but your objectivity seems askew. Great horse sure, but there must be questions how a simply ordinary horse a few years ago ,has simply continued to improve as he has got older ?
    I'm well aware that some do, but at 9 years old and counting, it's hard to fathom.
    Many in the nz harnessindustry simply cannot believe this horse has improved so much over this time.
    There's a new magic substance out there ,that's common knowledge , perhaps unspoken, but it's only a matter of time before its traceable, and as with blue magic and the subsequent suspensions, suicides and impact on the industry are repeated again.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    Mate my ability to read is fine, but your objectivity seems askew. Great horse sure, but there must be questions how a simply ordinary horse a few years ago ,has simply continued to improve as he has got older ?
    I'm well aware that some do, but at 9 years old and counting, it's hard to fathom.
    Many in the nz harnessindustry simply cannot believe this horse has improved so much over this time.
    There's a new magic substance out there ,that's common knowledge , perhaps unspoken, but it's only a matter of time before its traceable, and as with blue magic and the subsequent suspensions, suicides and impact on the industry are repeated again.
    So Sting Like a Bee, Mister Feelgood, Blacks a Fake, Karloo Mick are/were on this 'magic' substance then? And I would love a simply ordinary horse like Smoken Up in my stable!

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    SU won his forst 10 starts in Aus and in his first 12 months of racing out here won a group one and was placed in three others including the Inter dominion. Did he really need to improve to win one? Maybe just needed BAF to leave and he would have won a whole lot more. Very ordinary! My objectivity must be very askew!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Some things don't get better with age.....take your foolish post for example.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    some things don't get better with age.....take your foolish post for example.

amen to that

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    "The N.Z stipes cleared Justice of administering it meaning they believe someone else has probably by mistake passed it on..."
    How ridiculous the stupid rules the stupid illogical result. "They believe Lance didnt do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    They believe someone else has probably by mistake passed it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But Lance and Smoken get punished. How stupid.
    Where is the NZ Stewards and/or Track Officials running that events responsibility in protecting the Owners horses from being nobbled?

Barny, what do you think of that question? Can you actually give an opinion on the question or will you just rant "drug cheat, guilty ra ra ra..."?
    i would seriously like your opinion on that especially when you consider 2 massive points...
    1. Last night at the Victoria Cup when Smoken Up won yet another Group 1, ALL horses (in the cup) had their own security guard watching for illegal goings on. why didnt NZ do this for the ID of all races in Australasia for gods sake??????????? Where was the protection for potential nefarious shananigans in NZ?
    2. At the NZ Cup the horses weren't even protected on the track, a pissed female streaker ran right onto the track and could have done anything, great security kiwis! Thus proving anyone can even approach horses on the track, so off the track would be very easy, and unlike Melton, NZ provides no protection.
    This is where i feel this case will somehow go to a higher court above the "protected" narrow mindedness of kiwi stewards rules.
    If i was Lance, based on the stewards ruling, i would sue them for negligence based on not protecting his horse.
    For those of you who haven't yet worked it out, this posting from the opening few words to the last few words the is TH CLASSIC example of someone who has absolutely no concept of how harness racing in N operates.
    A few points for the uneducated...
    The stewards DONT make decisions regarding charrges or penalties in NZ. they are the investigators NOT the judges.
    I haven't seen a track yet in Australia where I cant hop over the outside fence and find myself easily able to access the main racing track. When we have 3metres fences between the crowd and the horses we really will ned to give serious thought to the concept of the phantom meeting for off course punters only.
    No appeal has been lodged with the NZ courts. The decision was released after the courts had closed on Friday and no appeals can be lodged to a decision not released.
    While security was provided for the NZ Cup meeting...the only way Smoken up would be there...and he was.. know, I saw him there. Security of the horse is the professional responsibility of the trainer, not the club. This is not only within the rules of HRNZ it is the absolute responsibility of any professional trainer's duty of care. It really grates me when people think the club should provide special security at the cost to the small players when they cant manage the care and attention to their horses their owners pay them for. It doesnt matter how big or small the race, the trainers' responsibilty is to his horses and protecting them from any perceived danger.

+ Reply to Thread