Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change to on-course arrival times by HRNSW

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Change to on-course arrival times by HRNSW

triplev123
    Pre race TC02 testing them's not going to achieve a whole lot anyway.
    Post race however, that's another matter. I'm not aware of a single jurisdiction anywhere in the US or CAN that Pre Race tests for their TC02's.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    They had to change it cause after they rub out those paying the stewards and those with high TCO2. Those that one TCO2 over the other under. There was going to be no one left and it was getting hard to make up the fields.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Pre race TC02 testing them's not going to achieve a whole lot anyway.
    Post race however, that's another matter. I'm not aware of a single jurisdiction anywhere in the US or CAN that Pre Race tests for their TC02's.
    Penslyvanian tracks (ie Chester, Poconos) do. EVERY horse is done before the race, if you're over its just a scratch and fine. But they ALSO post race TC02 the winners and a random horse. The PA tracks have their own oncourse TC02 testing so the whole process is quite easy for them.

Yonkers pre race TC02 random races (ie the whole field) about 5 minutes before the horses are on the track to race. Like Pa, the also post race TC02 random horses in most races, however they are not necessarily the winners every time. Unlike Pa they don't have an oncourse TC02 machine however....

I think its very disappointing personally for the on course arrival time to be changed back from 2 hours to 1 hour. Shows a fundamental flaw in the knowledge and/or belief of those making these decisions on how certain substances work, especially those that can elevate the TC02 level. Hopefully Menangle and ALL tracks see the light and move to 2 hour on course arrival in the near future....

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Pre race testing slowed a few trainers up and so it will be interesting to see gross improvements by trainers closer to tracks. Sure, you can hold horses back however getting them to get to the track 2 hours before was an easy way to control bicarbonate doping.
    I'm also curious as to why this rule has been changed? What is the driver behind it and why change it?

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    I'm with you Racefair, Does anyone have the answer?

Question- In the whole world where is the best working model for harness racing?
    From what I have read the racing at the Japan thoroughbred tracks is regarded as the bench mark with in the gallops world.
    The Harness racing equal is...............?

Flashing Red or anyone who can answer, Is there a list of drugs that are currently being tested for by stewards? & are trainers
    given a list? or how does this work?
    Last edited by Starship Captain; 12-19-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Starship Captain View Post
    Flashing Red or anyone who can answer, Is there a list of drugs that are currently being tested for by stewards? & are trainers
    given a list? or how does this work?
    Not as far as I am aware but giving a list I don't think would be the best thing to do, ie giving people a heads up of what will be tested so they can use other substances that aren't.

In the US each state published a booklet every season (or at least updated when needed) a list of substances and their withdrawal periods. I think this is a good idea as you know where you stand on everything. If you have ever asked multiple vets the withdrawal of a particular substance, the variatation in their answers is alarming. For example I have heard between 3 days to 5 days for Flunixon. That sort of variation isn't acceptable NOR fair to the trainers. It is no defence that you used the withdrawal periods stated by your vet.... a booklet that has all commonly used substances and their withdrawals would allow trainers to more readily comply with the rules.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Penslyvanian tracks (ie Chester, Poconos) do. EVERY horse is done before the race, if you're over its just a scratch and fine. But they ALSO post race TC02 the winners and a random horse. The PA tracks have their own oncourse TC02 testing so the whole process is quite easy for them.

Yonkers pre race TC02 random races (ie the whole field) about 5 minutes before the horses are on the track to race. Like Pa, the also post race TC02 random horses in most races, however they are not necessarily the winners every time. Unlike Pa they don't have an oncourse TC02 machine however....

I think its very disappointing personally for the on course arrival time to be changed back from 2 hours to 1 hour. Shows a fundamental flaw in the knowledge and/or belief of those making these decisions on how certain substances work, especially those that can elevate the TC02 level. Hopefully Menangle and ALL tracks see the light and move to 2 hour on course arrival in the near future....

[VVV] Thanks Tahn. Your fleshing out of the picture is very much appreciated.
    Perhaps the 1hr prior will be bolstered by 2hrs post & that will now be more often in play?
    I'd have thought there'd be much more of a chance to detect offenders in the 2hrs post race period than 2hrs prior prior.

triplev123
    SC, there's a fairly easily obtainable 99 page Word Document from RMTC (Racing Medication & Testing Consortium) which lists so many substances and their withdrawl times in various jurisdictions that it will spin your head. None of it applies here in AUS of course but the list...geeze....on and on and on it goes and where it stops, nobody knows.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Thank's guy's,
    Someone did show me the little booklets from the US and I was wondering what information is made avaliable to trainers in AU & NZ.
    IMO there should be a booklet the same for vets and trainers, strapers, owners etc. With this there is no mistaking the requirements.

+ Reply to Thread