Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How is Victoria travelling?

triplev123
    Frozen Lasagna? Geeze. That's awful. I take it the food at Melton hasn't improved much over the vomitous muck they used to regularly insult the patrons with at Moonee Valley?
    In the year that MV closed I went down there with my Dad & my Brother and made our way to this upstairs dining room. I can vividly recall Dad ordering a piece of fish and it was just dreadful. I'd be prepared to bet that it was caught back when Gough Whitlam was PM.
    I went against my best judgement that day, having been completely traumatised by them at primary school canteen level all those years ago, and would you believe I was foolish enough to order a Pie?
    Someone made the obligatory joke about it being a Rat's Coffin. Upon returning to the table and taking a chop at it, they were right on the money. To add insult to injury I suspect that it wasn't even a young rat. It was an old grissled one. T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.
    I think my brother ordered a roast pork & veges or something like that. It came out as a kind of conglomerate of steamed pig fat covered in bad gravy with those apalling diced up 3 veges mix for colour and some powdered mashed potato to cover up the marks on the plate. Mmmmmm. Nourishing stuff that.
    Please pass the Soylent Green.
    Last edited by triplev123; 12-24-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Frozen Lasagna? Geeze. That's awful. I take it the food at Melton hasn't improved much over the vomitous muck they used to regularly insult the patrons with at Moonee Valley?
    In the year that MV closed I went down there with my Dad & my Brother and made our way to this upstairs dining room. I can vividly recall Dad ordering a piece of fish and it was just dreadful. I'd be prepared to bet that it was caught back when Gough Whitlam was PM.
    I went against my best judgement that day, having been completely traumatised by them at primary school canteen level all those years ago, and would you believe I was foolish enough to order a Pie?
    Someone made the obligatory joke about it being a Rat's Coffin. Upon returning to the table and taking a chop at it, they were right on the money. To add insult to injury I suspect that it wasn't even a young rat. It was an old grissled one. T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.
    I think my brother ordered a roast pork & veges or something like that. It came out as a kind of conglomerate of steamed pig fat covered in bad gravy with those apalling diced up 3 veges mix for colour and some powdered mashed potato to cover up the marks on the plate. Mmmmmm. Nourishing stuff that.
    Please pass the Soylent Green.
    Classic

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Anyone remember the food at Harold Park? I still have a stomach ache after a pie and later a hot dog at one of the meetings.

It's a long time back , Shakamaker won that night if I remember right , but how I felt the next day still haunts me :-(

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    You folks need to get out west then, Bathurst has to be one of the best places to eat that I have encountered in my travels around the trotting venues.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Will second that Phil bloody good feed at Bathurst.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Thanks both. Never been to a Bathurst meeting but will keep it in mind if I am out that way next year. Naturally the racing comes first but it's always a bonus to have a decent meal too.

I'm older and wiser these days and pies and hotdogs are not on my menu.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Anyone remember the food at Harold Park? I still have a stomach ache after a pie and later a hot dog at one of the meetings.

It's a long time back , Shakamaker won that night if I remember right , but how I felt the next day still haunts me :-(
    [VVV] I vividly remember those formerly frozen then overtly deep fried and irrespectively thoroughly dreadful Prawn Bat thingos they used to serve at HP.
    One Friday night I went on a reconnaissance mission whilst the counter staff were looking the other way and located a crate of them in the freezer out back.
    It was stamped best before December 15th, 1967, which was 2 days before that fateful day when Harold Holt disappeared at Cheviot Beach.

triplev123
    The best breakfast to be had in Bathurst is at that Cafe which is virtually next door to the Knickerbocker Hotel.
    E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Elle's Cafe that is

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    I believe that all tracks with a Pokie venue are traveling ok with the gaming profits helping them out, but heard on weekend that Geelong and Bendigo are really struggling to survive. The cost of maintaining them for trainers is hurting them badly. An ex board member whom I was talking to said the panic button was about to be pushed.

+ Reply to Thread