Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How is Victoria travelling?

triplev123
    I understand Neil Busse has organised a Lamington Drive fundraiser.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    As a regular at Melton I have only heard good things about the food there. Can't say that I have ever had a bad meal there. As for the crowd numbers I don't know the official figures but it seems to have about as many as it can comfortably fit most weeks. It does desperately need some undercover outdoor seating . And it would be nice to be able to walk from the stables to the track without getting drenched.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Yeah, and would be nice to sit in the Melton "grandstand" (huh!!) , the one with no roof , without having to try and see the racing action through all the umbrellas on wet nights. The thinking that went into the planning of the facilities for on-course patrons at Melton ........ there is nothing I can say , there was no actual "thinking" involved.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Yeah, and would be nice to sit in the Melton "grandstand" (huh!!) , the one with no roof , without having to try and see the racing action through all the umbrellas on wet nights. The thinking that went into the planning of the facilities for on-course patrons at Melton ........ there is nothing I can say , there was no actual "thinking" involved.
    Yeah so you've mentioned once or twice!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Have to agree with you David. And it's not improving either, that ramp at the entrance of the new Legends Cafe is a joke, and the doors face the wrong way when you get up the bloody ramp ! And they forgot to put a viewing area in the other end of it for viewing the parade ring.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    We regulars every week at Melton and the food in the Legends bistro is great!

There's never umbrellas in the grandstand on wet nights (harden up princess!) as can stand behind the glass inside and watch if don't want to risk getting wet for 2 or 3 minutes.

Check out atherstone.com.au. Don't know details of deal done with Lend Lease but all land owned by HRV I believe. Travelling Ok if that's the case...

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Yeah so you've mentioned once or twice!
    LCL, sorry to seemingly bore you with my comments on this so-called state of the art Harness complex. I will say again ( LCL you can now move onto another more interesting thread ) , the whole thinking behind the Melton complex is flawed , a 1000 metre track ........ pleeeasse!!!!

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    LCL, sorry to seemingly bore you with my comments on this so-called state of the art Harness complex. I will say again ( LCL you can now move onto another more interesting thread ) , the whole thinking behind the Melton complex is flawed , a 1000 metre track ........ pleeeasse!!!!
    You know what David? I'm yet to hear one trainer or driver complain about the Melton track.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    You know what David? I'm yet to hear one trainer or driver complain about the Melton track.
    Leigh/David,
    for what it's worth..... personal horseman's experience ( from Hunter Valley NSW) Newcastle installed a new 960 metre a little over twenty years ago, we had two "half mile" tracks ( Cessnock and Maitland) plus the old Newcastle (500 metre) track saucer before this.
    Our horses "grew a leg" every time they worked/trialed/raced on the new 960 metre circuit!!
    It was a massive transformation in our area.

The Cessnock 800m circuit, which is still used as a training facility today, is as well built a half mile track as you will get, but these days the horses feel the turns.

The Newcastle 960 metre track, when it was first opened over twenty years ago... the horses didn't feel the turns, now, however they do! They are just going that little bit quicker than they were back then.

The first horse I took to menangle a couple of years ago, had trialled beautifully the week before at Newcastle, but given we are going a bit quicker these days he was feeling the turns. At menagle a week later at his first official start the horse felt like he was running in a straight line the whole way.

Honestly guys every improvement is a great thing but the difference between Menangle and Newcastle ( which, don't get me wrong is a great track) is very noticable to the horse.

And in closing can I balance those statements with.. we should never forget the public the spectacle at Menangle is pretty poor unless it's supported by the big screens.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-05-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Cant believe you would say that, Kylie Sugars along with others have a problem with it, the lost meeting not long back was a problem and of course we all know when it's wet the inside is rooted, they say very little these days as it is old news.

+ Reply to Thread