Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: David Kennedy

aussiebreno

David Kennedy

The first positive swab in the South West and Riverina for a very long time.
    3 month suspension.
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=17368

I note stable driver Jackson Painting is now listed as trainer.

What does everybody think of that penalty? I originally thought it would be a smallish penalty and I guess 3months is small for a guilty positive.

It also seems strange for a trainer with the amount of winners and bigger race winners that one gets done at Griffith, albeit the Griffith Cup.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    The first positive swab in the South West and Riverina for a very long time.
    3 month suspension.
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=17368

I note stable driver Jackson Painting is now listed as trainer.

What does everybody think of that penalty? I originally thought it would be a smallish penalty and I guess 3months is small for a guilty positive.

It also seems strange for a trainer with the amount of winners and bigger race winners that one gets done at Griffith, albeit the Griffith Cup.
    [VVV] 3 months is pretty tough. It's not a huge nasty by any means. He was done for good old Ibuprofen I understand & that's a widely available NSAID...you can buy it at Woolies. It is old mates Reckitt & Benckiser's most favourite son, Nurofen. Everyone would have it in the medicine cabinet. I give it to my daughters when they have a fever.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    1-He admited giving it to the horse- ???why O'why

2-unblemished record- This should not count in your favour,as you admited to cheating, IMO a cheat will only fess up when court.

3-the nature of the prohibited substance-cheating is cheating, you have to purchase the product and i guess with the intent of cheating, unless he has lots of kids with fever.

4-the seriousness of the offence- WTF(cheating)

5-his personal circumstances- you cheated...but it is ok because you are different to the other 22 million people in Australia and have personal circumstances.

Toughen up NSW stripes, or the newspapers will love your work.
    Last edited by Starship Captain; 12-22-2011 at 11:08 PM.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Starship Captain View Post

2-unblemished record- This should not count in your favour,as you admited to cheating, IMO a cheat will only fess up when court.

3-the nature of the prohibited substance-cheating is cheating, you have to purchase the product and i guess with the intent of cheating, unless he has lots of kids with fever.

5-his personal circumstances- you cheated...but it is ok because you are different to the other 22 million people in Australia and have personal circumstances.

[VVV] G'day SC,

You'll not find me in the corner of those who flaunt the rules HOWEVER as far as NSAID's such as Bute, Ibuprofen etc. go and for that matter as far as anti-bleeder meds such as Lasix& so on are concerned...I think it is absurd that we do not have at the very least an On Course Vet in place to administer them pre race.
    It has long been my belief that if the various State administrations were truly, genuinely serious about delivering consistent, handicappable form to the Punters and having horses race to their full potential week in, week out...that as opposed to merely giving it lip service as required...which, IMO, is what they currently do & for that matter have largely always done...then they would already have such a program in place.

aussiebreno
    Starship Captain not sure where you pulled out point 1 from. Kennedy has said he used it on another horse but isn't sure how it got transferred to LittleChrissyAdios

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Starship Captain View Post

This penalty is in line with other penalties for therapeutic substances that is all we should want consistency ....

SC you have the right occupation because if you thing the stipes got this wrong you are already living on another planet.

Banned Weanling The Lout is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Harry Truman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    This penalty is in line with other penalties for therapeutic substances that is all we should want consistency ....

SC you have the right occupation because if you thing the stipes got this wrong you are already living on another planet.
    How can you have consistency in racing when you allow these drugs to be used.... they are potentially as performance enhancing as the worst of them.

Banned Weanling The Lout is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Harry Truman
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] 3 months is pretty tough. It's not a huge nasty by any means. He was done for good old Ibuprofen I understand & that's a widely available NSAID...you can buy it at Woolies. It is old mates Reckitt & Benckiser's most favourite son, Nurofen. Everyone would have it in the medicine cabinet. I give it to my daughters when they have a fever.
    Hey Jamie, you can buy truckloads of Bi -carb at woolies too!!

Cheers,

Harry

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lout View Post
    How can you have consistency in racing when you allow these drugs to be used.... they are potentially as performance enhancing as the worst of them.
    With the greatest of respect Lout racing can not survive without the use of Therapeutic substances... they are what they are and have a genuine Therapeutic use, if Trainers did not use them in the care of a horse they may well have an animal welfare issue..

That is partly the reason drugs like Altrenogest and ulcer treatments were recently removed from the prohibited substances list so that trainers could use them without fear of a penalty we were however about 10 years after the gallops who saw the problem much earlier and changed their rules.
    Last edited by Thevoiceofreason; 12-24-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    SC you have truly stepped out of line here. You points are not factual in the slightest are portray an idea which is archaic and completely unable to be enforced. If your knowledge of horses and training was beyond elementary you would realize that when training a stable of this size a mistake like this IS possible. You can treat a horse with this substance and race within the month. Which makes contamination in a large stable possible.

+ Reply to Thread