Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blacks A Fake

Junior Member Yearling Southern Man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    As I said the book of 1000 excuses has been opened and used many times. Sick in late October 2006 and couldnt come but well enough to race and win on the 8th November 2006 . Only time will tell if he shows but the book has plenty of pages left to use yet

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    As I said the book of 1000 excuses has been opened and used many times. Sick in late October 2006 and couldnt come but well enough to race and win on the 8th November 2006 . Only time will tell if he shows but the book has plenty of pages left to use yet
    He didn't race on 8 November 2006 - It was a trial at Redcliffe of all places.

It was common knowlegde that the horse was going into the Miracle Mile in late November 2006 underdone because he had got crook in mid to late October.

In any case, connections back in 2006 had never given any indication that they were looking to go to NZ for the 2006 NZ Trotting Cup. The NZ Cup was only worth $500K at that time and Blacks A Fake at that time was a big risk from the Stand. He wasn't even selected in the 2006 Hunter Cup Field following some poor getaways from the Standing Start. Accordingly a NZ Cup Start in 2006 was never even mentioned with connections intending to pursue a Miracle Mile and Victoria Cup Campaign.

As such, 2009 was really the first year that connections were able to seriously contemplate a NZ Cup Campaign with Blacks A Fake.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Maybe he should race underdone abit more often as 2006 was by far his best run in a Miracle Mile. He did hold a nomination for the NZ Cup in 2008 but went to the Mircle Mile instead. The NZ cup was worth $1.2 mlilon on a track and at a distance that would suit Blackie to a tee but instead he went to a race worth $750,000 less on a track and distance that didnt suit him. Yes that would have resulted in a six week quarantine stint but he had 750,000 reasons to come. No show 2009 and this year he is not coming because they are looking after him with a view to the Inerdominions next year. Instead of coming to Addington to race for $750,00 he has stayed at home to race for $200,000 against a large group of the best grand circuit horses going round. If you are trying to look after Blackie then Addington would seem a lot easier on the horse than racing Mr Feelgood in his present form. So forgive me if I seem a bit dubious about Blackie coming but we have seen and heard it all before

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    I have just read the story on harnesslink about Mr Feelgood winning there. He was always a good horse here in the US but not a great horse. Just below the best ones here but one thing I can tell you is that his two year olds here look very weak at this late stage in the US. He has 23 two year olds from the number one breeding farm "Britany" in Kentucky with his best one been Im Feelin Good that won $28,000 with a record of 1:55 at the Red Mile. That does not sound too good for his breeding career at this stage.

Member Yearling MasterK is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Kurt Breen
    Occupation
    Student
    Mr Feelgood suits the racing in Australia and has a very good trainer. HEs only run every 2 weeks coz thats how he likes it. Racing in Australia is just so much different to the US and he just seems to suit it here

nat
    At first I was disappointed with Blacky but after reviewing the race a couple of time the work he did and the time recorded for the run it was a phenomenal run not taking anything away from Mr Feelgood he was AAAAAAAAWSOME I've been on his bandwagon from the start having good collects in the Shepparton & Hunter cup as well as the Inter. I don’t know if Mr Feelgood could do what Blacky did if the roles were reversed and be close at the end but who knows now he’s a complete different horse. I think Nat went alittle early testing Mr Feelgood after being wide for a while and it cost him in the end.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Mr Feelgood is a completely different horse at the moment. In all his racing in North America and for the Butt brothers in Australasia he was a sit sprint racehorse. A horse that if you used up in the run was prone to getting run over. Now he is the new iron horse of Australasia. What a transformation

Junior Member Foal Sinbad Bay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Neville
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    At first I was disappointed with Blacky but after reviewing the race a couple of time the work he did and the time recorded for the run it was a phenomenal run not taking anything away from Mr Feelgood he was AAAAAAAAWSOME I've been on his bandwagon from the start having good collects in the Shepparton & Hunter cup as well as the Inter. I don’t know if Mr Feelgood could do what Blacky did if the roles were reversed and be close at the end but who knows now he’s a complete different horse. I think Nat went alittle early testing Mr Feelgood after being wide for a while and it cost him in the end.
    Spot on Nat, last mile in 1.53.9, half 55.1 in a 2600m race and Blackie had to work just to get to the death. Its simply a mathematical impossibility to sit parked and win in those times especially when you have had to work just to get there. Super run

Member Yearling MasterK is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Kurt Breen
    Occupation
    Student
    And once again he wins

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Maybe he should race underdone abit more often as 2006 was by far his best run in a Miracle Mile. He did hold a nomination for the NZ Cup in 2008 but went to the Mircle Mile instead. The NZ cup was worth $1.2 mlilon on a track and at a distance that would suit Blackie to a tee but instead he went to a race worth $750,000 less on a track and distance that didnt suit him. Yes that would have resulted in a six week quarantine stint but he had 750,000 reasons to come. No show 2009 and this year he is not coming because they are looking after him with a view to the Inerdominions next year. Instead of coming to Addington to race for $750,00 he has stayed at home to race for $200,000 against a large group of the best grand circuit horses going round. If you are trying to look after Blackie then Addington would seem a lot easier on the horse than racing Mr Feelgood in his present form. So forgive me if I seem a bit dubious about Blackie coming but we have seen and heard it all before
    If you believe he had 750'000 reasons to go then that means you must think he would have won.

+ Reply to Thread