Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Blacks A Fake

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    The point I was making was quite simple. You cannot be the best horse to have raced in Australasia when you have only raced in Australia. To say it makes no difference is just plain stupid. Home track advantage is just that, an advantage. Different rules.stewards , tracks and driving styles all add to the difficulty that horses face when they race in a foreign country. So as I said Blackie is arguably the best horse to have raced in Australia but until he has proven himself in NZ leave NZ out of the equation.As for why connections would rather race in Australia for under half the money you draw your own conclusions. Over the years I have hosted several Australian trainers in NZ and without fail they lose most of their drenches, ointments, pastes ect at customs. They spend most of their time trying to replace what they have lost at customs with mixed success. Just another hurdle horses moving between countries face. Will Blackie come to the Interdoms in Christchurch. I doubt it
    In 1994/95 Golden Reign won many grand circuit events in Australia then won two heats and the final at Christchurch. Therefore, Golden Reign was a better all-round Australasian champion than BAF. Pity Golden Reign couldn't back up the next season... He was never the same after winning the Interdominion..

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    The point I was making was quite simple. You cannot be the best horse to have raced in Australasia when you have only raced in Australia. To say it makes no difference is just plain stupid. Home track advantage is just that, an advantage. Different rules.stewards , tracks and driving styles all add to the difficulty that horses face when they race in a foreign country. So as I said Blackie is arguably the best horse to have raced in Australia but until he has proven himself in NZ leave NZ out of the equation.As for why connections would rather race in Australia for under half the money you draw your own conclusions. Over the years I have hosted several Australian trainers in NZ and without fail they lose most of their drenches, ointments, pastes ect at customs. They spend most of their time trying to replace what they have lost at customs with mixed success. Just another hurdle horses moving between countries face. Will Blackie come to the Interdoms in Christchurch. I doubt it
    Somebeachsomewhere was the best horse in the WORLD as a 3yo - despite not racing on the American or Australiasian Grand Circuit. If you think he needed to do that to be regarded as the best in the world, not just America, well then...! In saying that, I have wished for a long time for Blacks A Fake to race in NZ. Like you rightly said, it is a different kettle of fish going overseas. But if you are implying it is because Natalie wouldn't be able to bring all her "products" over and that they would be confiscated by customs, you couldn't be further from the mark. That horse goes just as good under guard or out of detention. I'm sure other than his gear bag, he wouldn't travel with anything else (customs would therefore not be a problem!!) Why go overseas when you are dominating in your own backyard. Seriously.

+ Reply to Thread