Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More bad Harness PR - Newcastle trial "ring-in" disqualifications

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

More bad Harness PR - Newcastle trial "ring-in" disqualifications

What were these people thinking ?? http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=17396

aussiebreno
    Every single incident up Newcaslte way seems to involve a Harmey.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Indeed. I just don't know how he keeps coming back. Surely enough is enough.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Every single incident up Newcaslte way seems to involve a Harmey.
    Hi Brendan Gee I think your being a bit harsh, and just might be showing your lack of knowledge of harness racing in the Hunter, I know of 2 incidents including the currant one involving the harmey's . Could you be so kind to enlighten us all with the others.

I await your reply

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Indeed. I just don't know how he keeps coming back. Surely enough is enough.
    David if you read the inquiries report, . Mr C Harmey was disqualified for a period of 3 months, in considering penalty the Stewards took into account Mr Harmey’s guilty plea, his previous unblemished record, the seriousness of the offence and his personal circumstance

Mr C Harmey was disqualified for a period of 6 months effective immediately.

The Stewards ordered that the penalty imposed be served concurrently with the penalty issued for the breach of Rule 216. In assessing penalty Stewards were mindful of his forthright evidence, his guilty plea, the circumstances of the offence, his record during his 15 years as a licensed person and the serious nature of the offence.

So what are you talking about????????????????????????????????

Real Name
    David Summers
    Denny , I have enjoyed lots of your past posts , but with due respect , remembering that you have been recently banned for , I presume, inflammatory posts ( no idea really) , and I don't want to help to further add to that restriction , but surely there is more that you can say than criticise posters when a harness participant has blatantly broken the rules.

Can I ask a simple question , do you agree that a person who has done what he has been proven to have done and has pleaded guilty to the fact , deserves any sort of "praise" from you?

BTW, my criticism of C. Harmey may have been a bit off-course. I was not aware that it was possible other "Harmey" person/s that were previously under some sort of query. I thought it was the same C. Harmey, so I apologise for my comment and thank you for bringing that to my attention.

That's what I get for speed-reading Stewards Reports
    Last edited by David Summers; 12-29-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Denny , I have enjoyed lots of your past posts , but with due respect , remembering that you have been recently banned for , I presume, inflammatory posts ( no idea really) , and I don't want to help to further add to that restriction , but surely there is more that you can say than criticise posters when a harness participant has blatantly broken the rules.

Can I ask a simple question , do you agree that a person who has done what he has been proven to have done and has pleaded guilty to the fact , deserves any sort of "praise" from you?

BTW, my criticism of C. Harmey may have been a bit off-course. I was not aware that possible other "Harmey" persons were previously under some sort of query. I thought it was the same C. Harmey, so I apologise for my comment.
    Hi David thank you for your concern. I am the the last person on this earth to condone the behavior of that they have been found guilty of. But both you and Brendan posted comments that were completly false and I simply bought this to your attention. I have re read my 2 post and for the life of me I can't find were I agree with their actions or praise anyone.

Just for the record I believe they got of light, but that is just my opinion, I hope it is still OK with you for me to have one.

Real Name
    David Summers
    How about a truce? We both have only the interests of harness racing at heart. Let's move on. All the best for the coming year , and as I said previously , enjoy your thoughtful posts.

Trust that 2012 will be a great year of growth for our sport without all the distactions we have had this year. Really looking forward to the Inter Dominion in Perth. Should be a great spectacle.

aussiebreno
    Denny I'll admit of dropped the ball on this one and you've quite rightly burred up but hear me out.

You are correct I don't follow the Hunter closely but take mercy on me; I didn't say Harmeys ARE involved in every incident I said it SEEMS like they are. That's just from what I've seen personally. I don't know how what I've seen personally can be 'completely false' as you put it. It's just from my context that it seems they are involved in each incident.

One I remember is a fight between the family one day at the Newcastle track. To be perfectly honest it's the only other incident up Newcastle way I can recall. Not saying others haven't happened because they most probably have....but I was originally going to write every second incident but for the life of me I couldn't name another one.

We don't have incidents like that in the Riverina thank god. A positive swab every so often is about it.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Denny I'll admit of dropped the ball on this one and you've quite rightly burred up but hear me out.

You are correct I don't follow the Hunter closely but take mercy on me; I didn't say Harmeys ARE involved in every incident I said it SEEMS like they are. That's just from what I've seen personally. I don't know how what I've seen personally can be 'completely false' as you put it. It's just from my context that it seems they are involved in each incident.

One I remember is a fight between the family one day at the Newcastle track. To be perfectly honest it's the only other incident up Newcastle way I can recall. Not saying others haven't happened because they most probably have....but I was originally going to write every second incident but for the life of me I couldn't name another one.

We don't have incidents like that in the Riverina thank god. A positive swab every so often is about it.
    Hi Brendan I will have to change my writing skills as every time I try to give my opinion it seems everyone thinks I'm having a go at them which is not the case. you are right about the fight night it did involve quite a few Harmeys Clayton included ,but it was his uncle and cousin that were disqualified .As I said in my post these were the only two incidents that I was aware of,and that's why I asked for your further incidents. Unfortunately I'm aware of 100's of incidents that have happened up hear so I was a little surprised by your post.

Promising to more tactfull Denny

+ Reply to Thread