Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SA Cup 2011

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Smoken Up goes especially considering that he's not been the same after breaking through for his first GC win in the MM. Maybe a freshen up will have him prime and proper to take the SA Cup out..
    I disagree. His run in the Victoria Cup was outstanding. He got beaten 6.4m and was three wide the last lap is a fast last half of 55.4 - what more could you want him to do, you cannot do better than that lol!

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    It will be interesting to see how Smoken Up goes especially considering that he's not been the same after breaking through for his first GC win in the MM. Maybe a freshen up will have him prime and proper to take the SA Cup out..
    Prime and proper.... . WHAT A RUN...

I thought "oh no here we go again" when Renaissance Man was pulling hard and Smoken Up couldn't cross... but the freshen up meant that he had petrol to burn over the last two quarters....

GREAT WIN.. and I agree with Adam Hamilton when he said it was Smoken Up's best race ever..

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Well the field is out and Smoken Up has drawn the second row. I can see a quick move to the death and dictate the race from there..

Vegas Bound drawn front row, Mister Zion, Smoken Up, Ohoka Nevada all second row.

Two of the three placegetters to come from the second row brigade..
    no rocket science there !!

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    if i were a betting man i'd be snapping up as much of the $2.00 as i could for smoken up.. What a price.. !!!
    what a price and what a win...

He's the new leader in the Grand Circuit... and I'd say Luke McCarthy must have watched with great interest.....

Flashing Red
    Prime and proper.... . WHAT A RUN...

I thought "oh no here we go again" when Renaissance Man was pulling hard and Smoken Up couldn't cross... but the freshen up meant that he had petrol to burn over the last two quarters....

GREAT WIN.. and I agree with Adam Hamilton when he said it was Smoken Up's best race ever..
    I agree monster run. I was laughing (in disbelief) at him being park again after last year - couldn't believe that it was happening again, a repeat of last year. Not sure if it was/wasn't his best run, albeit being a might one. The Miracle Mile field was a lot tougher than tonight, as was the Cranbourne Cup. One thing for sure, the horse is flying... I was cheering for him to win, he really deserved it after the work he did.

I also thought Standelle's run was very good too - stepping up to the grade slowly with each race.

+ Reply to Thread