Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Menangle - your feedback

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Wink Menangle - your feedback

With all the big $$$$$ starting to flow at Menangle from next week , although it's early days with this track , what improvements would you like to see out there with regard to the track itself / the facilities for on-course patrons / stabling areas / dining facilities etc.

Also any ideas on how those unable to personally attend the meetings can be better catered for watching at home on Sky ( how about an all-harness channel !! )

triplev123
    As far as the longer term's concerned...

-An off-ramp/on-ramp for the Freeway/Menangle Road, both sides and for North & South bound travellers.

-On-course stabling.

-An all purpose events facility so that, amongst other things, the Sydney Yearling Sales can eventually be held at Menangle.

I am pretty sure most if not all of the above is already in the planning. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

A Web-Cam feed direct from Trackside for interviews & such, done as an expansion of the Trots TV concept, would also be pretty bloody good.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Remove the roof from the grandstand and give it to HRV for Melton?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    For those who are unable to get to the track and watch at home on Sky or at TAB's/clubs , I'd really like to see vision of the racing like they show in NZ.

At most NZ trotting meetings and several thoroughbred meetings on Sky , when the horses are in the back straight , they have a split screen , one part showing the usual racing view and the other a real closeup of each individual horse in the field. It really brings a lot of excitement to the action of the race , and you can almost feel like you can read the minds of the drivers from the look on their faces.

It's a cost factor naturally , but would be very easy to set up. Also a camera in the straight at ground level too would be a good idea for the big meetings to bring the racing action in the straight to off-course viewers who make up for most of the betting activity.
    Last edited by David Summers; 12-30-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Management at Melton would need to have a think about anything like that and consider the pros and cons just like they did when they built a 1000 metre track. Huh!!

After careful thought, I'd expect you'd get a "maybe" to an offer like that ....... say in about 2050!!

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post

[VVV] Hahahahahaha. THAT'S GOLD!
    NOT putting a roof on the Melton grandstand was no doubt aimed at keeping the Looney Left of VIC Labor onside at the time with it being Neil & John's contribution to lowering the Carbon Footprint of the construction.
    Last edited by triplev123; 12-30-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Have the trot's back on Friday night's and stick to the same night instead of chopping and changing all the time .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    David Summers
    Yes , chopping and changing week in week out at Menangle , never knowing were you are is certainly annoying.

BUT I think permanent "set in stone" Saturday nights at Menangle is the only way to go. Greg, I note that you live in the Central West , but have you ever tried to get to Menangle on a Friday night from anywhere in the Sydney Metropolitan area? A total nightmare with the "brilliant" road systems that state governments in NSW have neglected for decades.

Weekdays , morning and evening , many main roads around Sydney are more like parking lots! Saturdays are a much easier option.
    Last edited by David Summers; 12-30-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    What they need is some more open races. Everything is to short to back and too good bet against.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    God help me When i read this thread the first thing that come to mind was off and on ramps from the Freeway , Low and behold I scroll down and the first thing that I read is the exact same from VVV , Bloody hell it's a bit scary for me when I start having the same thoughts as Triple . lol

+ Reply to Thread