Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Darrel Trips up Lanercost, doh!!!

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Ive watched the replay about 20 times now and Im still not sure who caused it. I reckon Feelgood shifted out slightly but Lanercost also shifted in slightly. The 2 minor movements at the same time were enough unfortunately...
    I agree. Sad both minor incidents happened in the same second.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    I agree. Sad both minor incidents happened in the same second.
    As they say thats racing

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Some slight shifting in when grabbing at the ear plugs, some slight shifting out by the lead horse, but fact stands that it wasn't a D.Graham master drive by any means, he was too close to McCarthy on MFG trying to pull the deafners when the horses were already at max. speed charging down the lane.

Totally mis-judged his run and with 5 in the field, had more than ample room to be another half-cart away making his run.

Never rated him as a driver and that effort only confirmed it yet again for me.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 01-02-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123;14713 [B
    YOUR ALL MISSING THE CRUCIAL THING].[/B]..about that race.
    They received only 6 acceptances and went with it anyway.
    It's hard enough as it is to get a start with a horse that's graded at that level without also being subject to the whole bullshit routine that comes from the NSWTAB re: 'full fields'.
    Mega Alexander scratched and the gate folded back with 5 starters...good for the NSWHRC for pressing on, regardless. Full marks. I hope this will extend to other races where similar 'somewhat less than a full field' issues are experienced now & again such as the fillies & mares races, some early 2yo events etc. Sometimes all these grades need is a little encouragement that the race will roll even if there are less than ideal noms. Amazing how many will come out of the woodwork once they see the races have stood up.
    Jaimie

I hate to be an antagonist BUT how are we all missing theTHING[B] [/B] .
    The whole[B]THING/B]t of this thread was the incident between Mr Feelgood and Lanorcost
    Not the pros and cons of the NSWHRC Handicapping policy. I think you will find they are two separate[B] THINGS[/B]
    Last edited by A BIT DUSTY; 01-02-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Jaimie

I hate to be an antagonist BUT how are we all missing theTHING[B] [/B] .
    The whole[B]THING/B]t of this thread was the incident between Mr Feelgood and Lanorcost
    Not the pros and cons of the NSWHRC Handicapping policy. I think you will find they are two separate[B] THINGS[/B]
    Gotta agree with u there Denny, i dont understand why one would want to jump in a thread that's on a roll and totally try and take it in a totally new direction with a totally new topic, maybe Jaimie u could start a new thread about it?

And Tiny, on reflection have u watched the video of the race again and maybe now changed your mind just a little?
    Do u still think Graham was not at fault AT ALL?????????
    Watch his outside wheel running in the car tracks and see how far it moves in (as mentioned in my initial post, u may have missed it...)

+ Reply to Thread