Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: European Trotting Blood

triplev123
    Revenue has more than had his chance in the US. He produces great looking offspring...that by and large can't go.

Justdoit, credit where it's due. No doubt he can get people offside and I've certainly not seen eye to eye with Mouse over the years, I'm sure he thinks I'm a dickhead, & so I'm no 'lets go out to dinner' mate of his by any means....but nobody could ever deny the bloke's talent. I've heard a lot of people say his biggest hurdle is that he tries to do 10 things at once...and despite the fact that he damned near succeeds at doing so he spreads himself too thinly and so never quite gets the 'i's dotted and the 't's crossed. I'd agree with that. If for example he were to instead just zero in on one activity, such as Training alone, then I'm sure he would simply blow his opposition away. Daylight 2nd. I wish I had a quarter of the energy that he must have.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Michael doesn't need me to defend him but he is one of the most affordable trainers out there - not sure how the hell he can do it (must be subsidised by these other activities like the vet clinic and the stud) but still talks about making racing affordable - the stakes are so low I don't know how the hell you can be successful with the training rates of some and the poor returns from racing.

I guess I'm a little different - with the syndicate members putting in their regular small contributions it is more about the win than the stakes as the returns are not what it is about. Our Bettors Delight mare won us 2 Tuesday races at Addington - the photos don't tell the stakes - then she won another 3 races for one of the members after we got rid of her then he sold her to the US and she has even won over there so even we weren't loyal enough.

Thats racing for us little fella's.

triplev123
    I also wish I had a quarter of the talent with horses that he has.

Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Is there many Holdonmyheart mares about being bred was he bred to a lot in NZ. Did we miss the boat in getting as much Valley Victory blood into the system early, at the time he raced he was cutting edge in this part of the world
    Done a little bit of research this afternoon while watching trots from Amberley and too hot to do anything else

37 live foals from Holdonmyheart mares in Australia and New Zealand (plus this years ones with no returns)

Armbro Invasion 4
    Bacardi Lindy 1
    Britewell 1
    Brylin Boyz 3
    Continentalman 1
    CR Commando 1
    Earl 1
    Great Success 1
    Last Sunset 1
    Monarchy 1
    Muscleman 1
    Native's Pride 3
    Pegasus Spur 3
    Sierra Kosmos 1
    Sundon 12
    Thanksgiving 1
    Yankee Paco 1
    Total 37

The Muscleman is the closest to line bred

nat
    Gee's Neil your day sound exciting as mine and because you have done so much research today on Holdonmyheart are his mares well sought after for breeding or were these all reasonable race mares

Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    No they wouldn't be very well sought after at all - I wasn't sure if I would breed from my girl but was told that the Holdonmyheart blood and performance was good enough to warrant trying.

Perfect Hold was probably the best mare.

I hope tomorrow is more exciting for both of us

It did get better - gave up on races and was watching Maria Sharapova play tennis until the wife got the TV controls and changed to the news

Junior Member Weanling TREBOR54 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Tax Accountant
    Its a shame to see such a nice bred Valley Victory stallion like Dr Ronerail so poorly patronised in NZ given that you need Valley Victory blood in the trotting families to enhance speed into the NZ Trotter

Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    with his poor fertility commercial breeders couldn't take the risk with him.

Junior Member Weanling TREBOR54 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Tax Accountant
    I think that is why Bill Hickey from Linden Park (where most of my mares are) is going for a natural service. He is such a nice manner stallion

+ Reply to Thread