Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness racing shame

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    [QUOTE=triplev123;15066]Slightly off topic Jett...but Tom Ivers? As far as equine related mythological beasts go...his Interval Training & Carbo Loading mantras, they were up at the top of the list along with Jack Walmsley's Cycle Breeding theory.

Is this more Triple DRIBBLE????????

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    WOW I can't handle all this fan mail coming in on private messages, can all you guy's slow down and give me a chance to respond to all your congratulations and well wishes.

After all it was only a picture of a dog dribbling

aussiebreno
    Convenient that your only support comes from private messages isn't it.

Banned Gelding Stonie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Paul Stone
    Occupation
    Concretor
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    WOW I can't handle all this fan mail coming in on private messages, can all you guy's slow down and give me a chance to respond to all your congratulations and well wishes.

They are a waste of time and space Denny. Oxygen thieves.......
    Easier to compare them to school kids that run to the teacher to dob others in.
    They must spend their days on the internet searching for info to put on here. Only knowledge they have is from related websites and You Tube.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by racefair View Post
    Anyone is free to make an opinion however you can't make facts. Just look at the raw facts and you will see that his improvements are similar to that made using performance enhancing drugs. Read Thomas Tobins books on the percentage improvements that he gets using various drugs. A lot of trainers use drugs/treatments and some are legal. I don't know and I bet that none of you know whether LM's are legal or just not detectable.
    Read some literature or review results of human/equine performances over time. It usually takes a long time to make big improvements. This is the point that Denny is trying to make. It's an old book, however see how long it took Tom Iver's to get improvements through interval training. This might put things into perspective for a few people.
    The other thing is that LM makes big improvements on race fit horses which is hard to do. Usually when a horse changes stable, it will go off it's feed and be unsettled for a few weeks. So then, this is the hardest time to get the biggest improvements.
    There is so much BS on this forum about LM having better day yards, tracks, yardsticks, swimming holes, blacksmiths, driving styles, selection of horses etc. Doesn't any other trainer have these things? They help but don't account for the scale of improvements that he makes in the time that he makes them.
    LM is smart enough to drive his horses to their ability and doesn't drive the slower ones in the same way.
    Doesn't the likes of Fitzpatrick, Day etc. know how to train horses anymore? They buy and train well bred horses and just aren't in the game at the moment against LM.
    Some mention that LM gallops and swims them. Yeah, we'll I would too because it saves a whole lot of time versus gearing a horse up with hopples when you have so many horses in work. I'm not sure that it's just because it's a better way to work them.
    Take a step back without emotion and look at the raw facts. Speak to anyone involved in sport performance and discuss the results that this guy is getting. If they are without drugs then they defy alot of science and knowledge around sports training/performance.
    Whether he's using drugs or not then it doesn't bother me. I just think that it's funny when we see such results and so many people think that it's impossible that he's using PED's. It's just as possible that he's using them as it is that he's not.
    There is a rule in Harness racing requiring a log book of all treatments. Maybe a steward should sit posted for 3 weeks/24/7 to see if LM's log book is consistent with what he actually gives them. Then we won't need to bother to try and detect anything and could make a judgement on the use or non use of undetectable drugs.
    truly pragmatic post.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post

[VVV] G'day Denny.

Just wanted to wish you good luck at the Greased Pig Catchin' Championships.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu

is that you Jamie ???????

triplev123
    Could be. The five o'clock shadow looks about right. Not given to wearing ties however.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Looks like Admin have just given a certain poster here a little holiday. I'd take a guess that in all those private messages there might have been one from Admin. I would say that one would not exactly be full of praise.
    Last edited by David Summers; 01-06-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Could be. The five o'clock shadow looks about right. Not given to wearing ties however.
    No worries . Have a nice day .

+ Reply to Thread