Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness racing shame

Banned Yearling Dmoore will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Doug Moore

Harness racing shame

Well what a year for nsw harness racing!
    Why has it taken over 5 months for nsw harness led by Sam Nati and Reid sanders to lay even 1 yes 1 charge against anyone implicated in the nsw corruption scandal. Shame, shame,shame!! You are weak and should resign immediately!!
    The police have already run their cases for harness racing to use and there heads are spinning not knowing what to do.
    How embarrassing all this going on under their noses and no action taken against anyone involved other than some minor players being warned off. Why pay these people if their Not going to protect our sport???

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoore View Post
    Well what a year for nsw harness racing!
    Why has it taken over 5 months for nsw harness led by Sam Nati and Reid sanders to lay even 1 yes 1 charge against anyone implicated in the nsw corruption scandal. Shame, shame,shame!! You are weak and should resign immediately!!
    The police have already run their cases for harness racing to use and there heads are spinning not knowing what to do.
    How embarrassing all this going on under their noses and no action taken against anyone involved other than some minor players being warned off. Why pay these people if their Not going to protect our sport???
    Doug,
    I would hope,. like all of us, that we are only seeing the preliminary so far, time will tell how efficient this investigation is in the long term.

I think I speak, ( but I may or may not) for most of the folks in the game when I say " give them the strength and the wherewithall to finalise this investgation and see it through to it's finality. There has always been a few "players" in our game and mosty of us take that as a given, but this recent event has rocked the game to it's core.

I have been a participant, on many levels, over about 40 years and I have never seen anything remotley like what has been happening latley, I'm not going to pretend I have the answers, cos I don't.............but geez it would be nice to KNOW we are all playing on the same paddock

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Spoke to a guy Saturday and he is heavily involved and he said basicaly the same only wants a level playing field, and not have to race against horses that have as he puts it rocket fuel.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Hi guys . Have been reading everyones comments on Harness Link . Lets be honest . This betting scandal has been going on for over 20 years . It was red hot at Harold Park and it evolved to what it is today at Menangle . 2 stewards who resigned after having dinner with a disqualified person are probably still involved not to mention the guy they had dinner with . You guys think you've got it bad , I'm from the Hunter and corruption has been so bad up here that if you gave time to all those involved you wouldn't be able to run a meeting and it still flourishes like onion weed . Its odd that the CEO and cheif steward resigned before it all broke loose and then we end up with Sam who was good mates with Chris Gleeson . This sport is evaporating . Every year less participants , less foals , less good guys , more crims .
    Last edited by peteboss4; 01-01-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Like i have always said the problem is you have people investigating this that were privy to rorting going on for years and they are old friends with some under investigation now.

Its clear HRNSW cant get to the bottom of it so take it out of their hands and let someone take over who will clear it up and not leave one rorter still training or driving.

5/4 this thread gets locked

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Greg
    How much can i lay lol. On a serious note i think it's good to have the police and other people outside the industry involved in the inquiry as there can be know stuff getting swept under the carpet. I think most of us would like to see this matter dealt with quickly but the fact is this is alot bigger than most people could imagine and to get everyone invloved and stamp them out for good will take time and that's time i would give them to clean up harness racing and give every honest hard working person a level playing field.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Dallas 3000 to 2400 CASH ONLY

Yes its a lot bigger i agree and like you i dont care how long it takes so long as no mates are looked after and they are not allowed back after getting their sentences(would a bank remploy a crook teller)
    I have seen lots of hard working battling trainers giving 110 % to their team but it was no good because of what they were up against.its sad to see them put time and effort in while a select few just add a potion.

The way its going we will get back to the day Prince Pepper was backed from 25s to 5/4 at menagle in a mile race it led (what a surprise) behind it was 3 lines of 3 the entire race no horse went 4 deep to improve they went to the line under a stranglehold and ran i think about 2.12 for the mile or was it 2.16.

They suspended every driver in the race except 2 i think

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    From my angle there is a couple of things which need to be said.

1) Don't for one minute think that harness racing is the only racing code with "shifty players", IMO our sport can be hang out to dry while the Thoroughbred industry is so BIG it is not permitted to come under the same scrutiny, they seem to contact their major players with a "Cool It" when they get red hot.

2) I understand the past Chief Steward was unable to uncover any problems when Sam identified a strange pattern. To his credit after the Chief steward departed ( and he loved Newcastle) Sam had a new person investigate and we are now where we are. Go Sam, it may take time to get it right but I'll wait.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    From my angle there is a couple of things which need to be said.

1) Don't for one minute think that harness racing is the only racing code with "shifty players", IMO our sport can be hang out to dry while the Thoroughbred industry is so BIG it is not permitted to come under the same scrutiny, they seem to contact their major players with a "Cool It" when they get red hot.

2) I understand the past Chief Steward was unable to uncover any problems when Sam identified a strange pattern. To his credit after the Chief steward departed ( and he loved Newcastle) Sam had a new person investigate and we are now where we are. Go Sam, it may take time to get it right but I'll wait.

P Plater going on your handle one assumes you are new to the game , because if you wasn't you would know that the previous Chief Steward uncovered PLENTY and rightly charged and suspended them for lengthy suspensions , only to have them beat the raps on appeal . If you want to have a go at someone why not read the appeal transactions and try and work out how these supposedly inteligent men ( legal heads) can not see what is so clear to normal thinking minds. The stewards can only do their best , but at the end of the day it is usually someone with no or very little harness knowledge that has the final say.

Banned Yearling Dmoore will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Doug Moore
    Why dont they do a proper investigation and start at the very top of harness racing.....im sure they would be amazed with what they find!!! It should be an external investigation undertaken by people independent of hrnsw by professional and ethical people......then people could have confidence in the sport

+ Reply to Thread