Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness racing shame

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoore View Post
    Why dont they do a proper investigation and start at the very top of harness racing.....im sure they would be amazed with what they find!!! It should be an external investigation undertaken by people independent of hrnsw by professional and ethical people......then people could have confidence in the sport
    I think you will find the NSW Police force are external of HRNSW and if they find the corruption is further up the ladder they will act I am sure.

Banned Yearling Dmoore will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Doug Moore
    Its funy how Saunders charged the people already in trouble with the police including Sarinas who were mentioned in the charge sheets.........why doesnt the bloke just let the police run their own inquiries first without interfering and sticking his two cents in.....I am sure you will find a much better outcome at the end of the day if any power is taken away from someone like him!!!

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Spoke to a guy Saturday and he is heavily involved and he said basicaly the same only wants a level playing field, and not have to race against horses that have as he puts it rocket fuel.
    Agree with him. Would be nice if that could happen, wouldn't it. Maybe then i wouldn't be thinking of selling up & getting out cause lets face it along with the cheats & the Mac attack its very hard to win a race.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    The Mac attack as you put it is not healthy for the sport one stable dominating takes a lot of interest out of it.Seemed a couple of weeks ago Emma Stewarts stable in Vic was doing the same but have come back to the field with a bang last week with several runners runs queried.Who knows why.We can all surmise i guess but doesnt do the sport as a betting proposition any good at all.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    The names the guy i was talking to mentioned that he suspects (knows) are using the rocket fuel was quite surprising and he feels they will get away with it .I said they will get caught but he didnt think so as he said was synthetic therefore no traces left.
    Maybe the powers that be should visit the stables day after race and see the condition of horses then.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoore View Post
    Its funy how Saunders charged the people already in trouble with the police including Sarinas who were mentioned in the charge sheets.........why doesnt the bloke just let the police run their own inquiries first without interfering and sticking his two cents in.....I am sure you will find a much better outcome at the end of the day if any power is taken away from someone like him!!!
    This just proves how idiotic your posts are, in your first post on this thread you bag HRNSW for no charges ... now you bag them for laying charges, talk about not being able to win.

At least it has been a good time of the year for you lately you have been able to boo Santa Claus ... don't worry Easter will come up soon enough and you can line the bunny up.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Years ago C Gleeson was winning everything & i think trainers just stopped nomanating as they couldn't see the point racing for 3rd etc, (he had the 2nd placed horse lots to) same could happen here, and you are right it is not good for the sport when its being dominated like it is. Im not being disrespectful to Luke, although i may get hung for the comment, so be it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    On current stats, Luke currently trains around 1 winner from every 3 starters.

The leading trainer in NZ with a similar type of stable, is Mark Purdon. For the current season, he has had 205 starters for 57 winners and a better than 1 in 4 winning percentage.

I dont see too many people complaining about Mark's success...
    Last edited by mightymo; 01-01-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Harvey , with respect Mark is in NZ . I am talking about NSW.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Some more figures worth considering:

Vic
    Dean Braun - 38%
    Kerryn Manning - 34%
    Adam Kelly - 33%

SA
    Les harding 37%
    Jon Kingston - Mayne - 32%

Compare this with Luke - 35.3% and you will see that the best trainers in each state and country are all tracking at around the same numbers.

PS - I cant seem to find info for WA and QLD
    Last edited by mightymo; 01-01-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: extra info

+ Reply to Thread