Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to guess who??????

Banned Yearling Trotter is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Brendan Jones
    Andy, I'm sorry but if LM uses anything he wouldn't keep it in his stables.. And anyone that says he isn't using anything is stupid. Everyone uses something, weather it be a drench or a injection or what ever. Unfortunately if you don't use anything now your behind the 8 ball which is sad really

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Denny you are right I didn't read it all thanks for pointing that out.
    It may very well just be an error a the lab.
    I have met LM a few times and I can tell the stable is clean. He is a very good horseman and is very caring towards his horses. I know he would never do the things some people on here like to suggest. I have also herd he doesn't punt or allow any of his staff to punt which I like.
    Like so many on here I'll use the line time will tell and eventually prove his innocence and prove him as the greatest harness trainer of all time.
    I would really like to see him have a crack at TB racing in the future he would give a few of them a run for there money as well.
    Andy Gods honest truth mate I hope you are correct
    I have no doubt Luke is a lovely bloke and the one thing that I keep asking myself is why would he? and I really don't believe he is ( I know that seems strange giving my post's) but my gut feelings keep telling something is not quite right.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by peteboss4 View Post
    Hi DANNY , need your help as i do not know how to attach an article to this forrum, maybe you can do it. It could be something the powers that be can adopt to HRNSW & prove to be some sort of silver bullet. Look up USA Today > sports >Horse Racing . Kentucky approves random drug testing on race horses. Thanks
    Hi Peter is this the article you are referring to http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horse...-testing_N.htm

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Yes it is . Thanks very much for that Denny . Now i hope people take the time to read it & see how it could be done .

triplev123
    I once again feel the need to go for that clip of the Cello Player in the Marching Band. Pete, the NSW Stewards and in fact all of their Interstate counterparts can and already do exactly that and they have been doing so as, when and if it suits their needs for some time now. I can recall a swag of horses being out of competition tested in Tassie for Trenbolone and that would have to have been close on 10 years ago, maybe more.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I once again feel the need to go for that clip of the Cello Player in the Marching Band. Pete, the NSW Stewards and in fact all of their Interstate counterparts can and already do exactly that and they have been doing so as, when and if it suits their needs for some time now. I can recall a swag of horses being out of competition tested in Tassie for Trenbolone and that would have to have been close on 10 years ago, maybe more.
    Triple, how fast is the Marching Band going if someone, as fluent on this subject as yourself can recall the an incident in Tassie 10 years ago but have not recalled anything more recent?.

I think the point Peter was making was that there are other people in the world with similar problems to our own and that the State of Kentucky had passed legislation to try and deal with it.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-03-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: grammar

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Triple, how fast is the Marching Band going if someone, as fluent on this subject as yourself can recall the an incident in Tassie 10 years ago but have not recalled anything more recent?.
    Because he tells pork pies its clear as day

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Jamie , are you in this clip ?.
    Last edited by peteboss4; 01-04-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: took a line out

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I think the point Peter was making was that there are other people in the world with similar problems to our own and that the State of Kentucky had passed legislation to try and deal with it.
    I read the article as linked and have to wonder where u got your idea of legislation (enboldened).
    the article says that the rule has come from the Kentucky Horseracing Commission.
    They are the governing body of racing in Kentucky as per HRA or HRNZ.
    They are not the Kentucky State Legislature.
    They in fact have less power than HRA or HRNZ to make binding and legally recognised rules and so need to Governor's signature to ratify same.

Article in essence says that Kentucky has introduced random out of comp testing in line with some other jurisdictions. Interesting they give you time to present for testing.
    Where I live stewards and vet just turn up without warning at the stables and start taking blood.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I read the article as linked and have to wonder where u got your idea of legislation (enboldened).
    the article says that the rule has come from the Kentucky Horseracing Commission.
    They are the governing body of racing in Kentucky as per HRA or HRNZ.
    They are not the Kentucky State Legislature.
    They in fact have less power than HRA or HRNZ to make binding and legally recognised rules and so need to Governor's signature to ratify same.

Article in essence says that Kentucky has introduced random out of comp testing in line with some other jurisdictions. Interesting they give you time to present for testing.
    Where I live stewards and vet just turn up without warning at the stables and start taking blood.
    Teecee,
    I have just re-read the article and whilst it appears I've "jumped the Gun" on it being legislation, the following,

"It will go into effect once signed by Gov. Steve Beshearand filed with the Legislative Research Commission, which should happen well before the Breeders' Cup championships are held at Churchill Downs in early November." got me in.

Having said that, there were other aspects, as I pointed out on another thread, which IMO would be worth considering here, in particular the stiff penalties and 2 strikes and your out policy.

I'm sure you would acknowledge our sport/industry has suffered numerous times through the actions of serial cheats/ multiple repeat offenders.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-04-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread