Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favourite All Time race

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Another performance I remember is Sly Flyin's debut as a 2yo he galloped out and lost a heap of ground yet somehow managed to win. This performance made me think he could be something special and to see him go on and become a great 2yo, 3yo and grand circuit horse was something.

triplev123
    I've got two races, they were about 8 days apart and both races were won by the same horse, Christian Cullen's Miracle Mile/Truer Memorial double. Speed over the short course, toughness over the distance. Incredible stuff. I doubt I'll see anything like it again.

nat
    I always remember 1997 Inter Dominion finals just a great night of racing Pride of Petite getting them on the line what a race and the next race the pacers final and Our Sir Vancelot winning with Rainbow Knight charging at him on the line. But its hard to narrow them down I loved the Westburn Grant, Fanco Ice and Franco Tiger era listening to them battle it out in the big races on the radio,watching the Miricle Miles on the ABC TV and Sports World replays on sundy morning Oh how things have changed

Junior Member Foal gedlees no:1 fan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    a bit of everything
    id have to say knight pistols win in the harley davidson trot in sweeden and his trotting grand prix win as well.
    and ananz winning her 12th straight victory gedlee4.jpg
    Last edited by gedlees no:1 fan; 01-22-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: needed the pic

Junior Member Yearling Ziggy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    I know its recent but Id have to say Smoken Up defeating the Great Blacks a fake in the 2010 Miracle mile. phenomenal! In saying that I'm young so don't have a great memory archive of all of the great horses from the past.

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    I always remember 1997 Inter Dominion finals just a great night of racing Pride of Petite getting them on the line what a race and the next race the pacers final and Our Sir Vancelot winning with Rainbow Knight charging at him on the line. But its hard to narrow them down I loved the Westburn Grant, Fanco Ice and Franco Tiger era listening to them battle it out in the big races on the radio,watching the Miricle Miles on the ABC TV and Sports World replays on sundy morning Oh how things have changed
    Westburn Grant.. Franco Ice.. Franco Tiger..... what an era.. unforgetable..

nat
    Yeh Westburn Grant the Ozzy flagship, Franco Ice still one of the most exciting horses to me greatness curtailed by injury.

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Im showing my age but I think Pure Steel's victory over Rip Van Winkle in the 1978 A G Hunter Cup is one of the best races I've seen or enjoyed.I think the build up was what made it so good with Rip and Steelo having some good clashes earlier and varied opinions over who might be the best pacer.Vanderkemp when asked about Pure Steels toughness said "put him outside my horse and see how tough he is".So it was to be in this race and with an excellent commentary it will stick in my mind forever.If you havent had the opportunity to watch it do yourself a favour and chase it up.

Cheers

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Poppy's 1982 Kilmore Cup win.

Actually you could put in a number of his wins. A freak who made a lot of horses look second rate but was plagued with problems throughout his career.

Saw many at the Showgrounds in Melbourne as a young fella during a real golden era.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Listened to Mount Edens Miracle Mile as a real young fella and watched the replay a lot of times over the years, He must have lost at least 50 or 60 metres easy at the start of the race, Unbelievable run. The replay is available on You Tube Flashing, Punch in Mount Eden Miracle Mile. This performance has become imprinted in my memory forever.

+ Reply to Thread