Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lilac Stride

triplev123
    The insanity of the inferences from old mate and the rest of the peanut gallery are two-fold.
    Firstly, even if her trial was not particularly sparkling, she was in with 2 other very handy Luke McCarthy trained mares, no less than (Our) Sixpence (1:55.5 & a slate of 39-11-5-2 & $161,657 banked) who won it and Lady Euthenia (1:53.3 & a slate of 34-21-4-0 & $449,065 banked) who finished 3rd also in handy enough time. To top that off, Lilac Stride is exactly not some no name mare. Admittedly she will be 1st up from a spell BUT this will be after stringing 5 or 6 impressive wins together at the end of her last prep. when in against her own sex &/or sex & age group including taking out the 4yo+ Mares Breeders Crown in slashing style. It is not as though this is a mare that has done nothing to date. She's got a 1:54.4 mark, a slate of 47-15-12-7 & $245,448 banked. Big surprise if she wins? Some great training effort to do so off the back of one so so trial? Gimme a break.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    The insanity of the inferences from old mate and the rest of the peanut gallery are two-fold.
    Firstly, even if her trial was not particularly sparkling, she was in with 2 other very handy Luke McCarthy trained mares, no less than (Our) Sixpence (1:55.5 & a slate of 39-11-5-2 & $161,657 banked) who won it and Lady Euthenia (1:53.3 & a slate of 34-21-4-0 & $449,065 banked) who finished 3rd also in handy enough time. To top that off, Lilac Stride is exactly not some no name mare. Admittedly she will be 1st up from a spell BUT this will be after stringing 5 or 6 impressive wins together at the end of her last prep. when in against her own sex &/or sex & age group including taking out the 4yo+ Mares Breeders Crown in slashing style. It is not as though this is a mare that has done nothing to date. She's got a 1:54.4 mark, a slate of 47-15-12-7 & $245,448 banked. Big surprise if she wins? Some great training effort to do so off the back of one so so trial? Gimme a break.
    I did not refer to any of your above story Jamie , ALL I said was she went ordinary & was disappointing in a trial , big deal . She is a very good mare , would like one like her myself .
    Last edited by peteboss4; 01-06-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: took out a line & added a bit

triplev123
    Similarly Peter, I did not include you in the Peanut Gallery.

HARNESSTRAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I Must say that was a long winded Defensive and sometime arrogant reply to pettbos4 observation that a trial was disappointing , are you always this quick to jump on other members ,if so I don't think I'll bother putting any of my thoughts on here.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HARNESSTRAGIC View Post
    I Must say that was a long winded Defensive and sometime arrogant reply to pettbos4 observation that a trial was disappointing , are you always this quick to jump on other members ,if so I don't think I'll bother putting any of my thoughts on here.
    Good idea Ron, you've gotta watch the old triple, if you don't agree with him he'll brand you an idiot/straw man/6 fingered banjo player/cello player in a marching band etc. And whatever you do, don't get all riled up and retaliate, that'll just lead to disbarment.

HARNESSTRAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Good idea Ron, you've gotta watch the old triple, if you don't agree with him he'll brand you an idiot/straw man/6 fingered banjo player/cello player in a marching band etc. And whatever you do, don't get all riled up and retaliate, that'll just lead to disbarment.
    Thanks for the Tip

HARNESSTRAGIC
    Danno are you any relation to a Brian Gibson that used to bring a little Horse called Sedats boy ,up here to Tamworth many years ago ( probably 20 or so)

I remember he was only a little bugger who went pretty good.

Ron

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HARNESSTRAGIC View Post
    Danno are you any relation to a Brian Gibson that used to bring a little Horse called Sedats boy ,up here to Tamworth many years ago ( probably 20 or so)

I remember he was only a little bugger who went pretty good.

Ron
    Geez Ron you've got a fair memory, I thought we were the only ones to remember the little horse. Brian is my Dad, the horse you are thinking of was Sedate's Pride, a tiny lttle Chestnut stallion who epitomised the old pharse about " it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

He was a terrific horse to us, won about a dozen races, several of which were at Tamworth on the old circle track. I actually drove my first two winners on the little fella at Tamworth as well, (16yo....man did I think I was a genious! ha ha took me while to work out that it was more the horse than the driver )

Bit like some of the clowns on here, dunno how many of them have ever worked a horse much less actually had a licence, trained and driven half decent winners, very small percentage I think. It often reminds me of that Banjo Patterson poem " riders in the stand"

anyway thats enough of a whinge from me, thanks for remembering the little horse, like I said he was very good to us all those years ago.

Cheers,

Dan

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Sorry Dan I did not realize you had to be a trainer or driver to know anything about the harness racing industry. I am sure the trainers and drivers would survive without the breeders and owners !!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    Sorry Dan I did not realize you had to be a trainer or driver to know anything about the harness racing industry. I am sure the trainers and drivers would survive without the breeders and owners !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry Greg, I didn't mean to offend anyone really, just shooting from the hip, as I'm prone to do every now and then. Without breeders and particularly owners we would not have a game full stop. The punters might tell you something similar, but theres a few of us that are mugs enough to still keep racing horses for fun/ribbons as we would be without the punters. There are a couple a very opiniated people on this forum that are a dead set pain if you're not in their camp, and I was more having a bit of a dig at them, not the whole forum community.

Cheers,

Dan

+ Reply to Thread