Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sushi smashed them & Restrepo back on song

triplev123

Thumbs up Sushi smashed them & Restrepo back on song

Have to be happy with that Trev. Was waiting for him to get out of 2nd gear. No such luck.
    Restrepo looked to be right back to his best tonight too. Last time out just a bit of a blip. Very exciting colt.

aussiebreno
    Great to see him back.
    Also good to see some the 3yos come back earlier in preparation for the Vic Derby. Too often they've been 1st or 2nd up whereas the Kiwis came across with match fitness and made the Aussies pay.

triplev123
    Hey Breno. Do you think Restrepo will get the distance in the Derbies?
    A mate of mine and I have been debating this for a while now. To me he looks a fair bit stronger this time in.

aussiebreno
    I think he will. It may not be ideal for him; he ran 26.9 home last night which isn't going to happen in a Derby, but he should get it. Or at least looks like he gets it in 3yo company.
    He will get an easy starting point too, 2240 Vic Derby...or 2230m SA Derby if they go there next weekend. He won at 2240m last year winning by 15m so thats a positive.
    What was the conclusion you and your mate have come too?
    The injury may have done him more good than harm in the long run.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey guys for what it's worth I think he will get the trip easily. He looks the part now.

triplev123
    As good a horse as he is when he gets loose on the lead I think he'll be an absolute killer coming off a helmet. G. Sugars drove him perfectly. If he sits in on front end speed he will kill them. A great looking horse too, right from when he was a yearling. Classy type. Annie Dalton prepped him & she loved him.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Loved Dan Milecki's call in the home straight in Sushi's race, describing Greg Sugars "doing an impersonation of a statue" , not moving at all in the sulky , in the run to the line.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    As good a horse as he is when he gets loose on the lead I think he'll be an absolute killer coming off a helmet. G. Sugars drove him perfectly. If he sits in on front end speed he will kill them. A great looking horse too, right from when he was a yearling. Classy type. Annie Dalton prepped him & she loved him.
    Dribblev,

Are you talking about Sushi or Restrepo, or a combination of both ?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Dribblev,

Are you talking about Sushi or Restrepo, or a combination of both ?
    I'd say Sushi Sushi, VVV made mention of G Sugars driving him. But yes it could be about both!

triplev123
    Nah, I wrote G. Sugars, should have been G. Lang. Sorry.
    Talking of G. Sugars, I think Dashing Dan's stealing my Cigar Store Indian material there.He never moved on Sushi. Can't wait until he really calls on the horse Trevor. That's going to be something to see. Looks to me like he can turn in a 26 or sub 26 quarter pretty much any time he's asked, early, middle, late in the race. The most impressive horse I've seen since Christian Cullen at his best.

+ Reply to Thread